Posts by ZombieLloyd

I used it with a Vox Tonelab, before I got the KPA. It did the job well, was loud enough along with a loud drummer. Fairly clean til you push it hard, than it adds some own distortion. I then went for an Engl Preamp with external fx, using the poweramp I suggested above. That was somewhat the next level. I like my fx stereo, so these days it wouldn't be an option for me. Nevertheless, if one is on a budget and space is a criteria, I can recommend it for sure.

Speaking of, I currently have an ENGL E530 preamp myself, I was originally planning on getting the ISP Stealth Pro and running that with the Kemper on my 2x12 since it can do stereo with a switch above the inputs. It's only about £50 more than the Ultra Light. I have heard that the EH power amp pedals add distortion, that's kind of one of the reasons I ended up never getting one, I don't know how good solid state poweramp distortion sounds if good at all.

The stealth will work fine for sure, maybe have a look at the power supply before purchasing. I don't know that particular one but I was using the EH Magnum 44 pedalsize poweramp for some time. While it was working fine, the power supply was larger than the pedal itself.

Good day for U2.

Well to be fair, it is a relatively tiny pedal. The ISP Stealth Ultra Light is about the size of a small hand according to images on google so I don't imagine the power supply being much bigger than that. How is that EH poweramp? I had considered getting one years ago and I have a fuzz pedal that I'd like to be able to use more, maybe I could have a little pedal rig haha.

EDIT: I seem to be wrong, according to pictures it comes with a power brick and cable to attach to said power brick. Still, not a problem at all, really.

Thanks for the suggestion. Yeah, I guess I could just use it carefully, I'm just overthinking ruining my speaker cab, I guess. I actually mostly settled on getting an ISP Stealth Ultra Lite power amp that'll just fit into the back slot of the Kemper. Unless there's a reason absolutely not to go with it. But as I said, thank you for the suggestion, have a good day.

Hey guys. I'm getting a KPA soon, but I can't afford the powered version so I was wondering what power amp I should get to go with it when I can afford to get one. I was going to go with a Rocktrom Velocity 300 but I'm worried it'll be too much for my 2x12 to handle since it can only handle up to 140 watts.

Hey no offense taken. The reason I set it up the way I described is for mainly recording. This manner allows me to have the Kemper or Ethos one at a time or both in parallel without having to change the guitar from one device to the other. For your purposes esp live the A/BY might be a better fit. Either way to answer your original question in a word would be "yes"

Cheers
    Dan

Alright. I'll mainly be recording with the Kemper anyway since I don't gig, no one in my area is interested in death metal so no band for me haha. I was just wondering because it'd be cool to have a semi stereo rig and have an easy quad tracking setup. Either way, thank you for your help and your suggestions. A/B/Y might be better for me, but I'll give your way a shot first and then if necessary, I'll buy the pedal.

I understood your post all I was trying to explain is how you would get your guitar signal to both inputs of the KPA and your Engl without having to get an A/B switch, The outputs can then be fed to whatever you want i.e. Stereo power amp, two channels in a PA or two separate amps. In my case I use this idea into my audio interface for direct recording.

Right yeah, I didn't think about that because I was planning on getting an A/B pedal with the Kemper but I'll try your way since it works for you. Admittedly, it sounds like I read your post wrong. Sorry about that.

That should work with no issues other than connecting the two units (kemper and E350) One way that works is using the Direct out on the KPA to go to the E350 which can be set for dry guitar only. I don't use this live but I do at home with the KPA on one side and my Ethos on the direct out into my Interface and works great. I guess the only thing you would have to watch out for in this scenario would the possibility of a ground loop but that should be easy to work around.

Well, connecting the two shouldn't be a problem really since I am getting a stereo power amp. I thought I had mentioned it in my post. So yeah, I just wanted to know if it was possible to have the left channel go to one speaker and the right channel go to the other speaker using 2 different amps without blowing the speakers up.

Hi everyone. I haven't posted here in a while, mostly because I ended up not being able to afford a Kemper amp after all. But I'll definitely be able to get one in a couple of months so I decided to come back and start posting again. So, I kind of wanted to post about something that I've been curious about for a little while. I'm considering getting the unpowered rack version of the KPA, and I actually already have a rack amp, the ENGL E530. My current 2x12 guitar cab can go into stereo mode, so I'm wondering, if I get a stereo power amp, could I have the kemper go in one speaker, and the E530 on the other? Since I'd have to use 2 speaker jacks anyway going into that one power amp, What I want to know, ultimately, is can I do that without blowing something up?

Wow, good luck with it, Lloyd.

This thread's overwhelming considering I haven't even bought my first proper guitar yet. The naive aim is to limit myself to 2 or 3... for the rest of my life, seeing as there are always other music-making items to buy / repair / learn / update...

Still, it's "fun" (not!) to marvel at the guitars other Kemperites own. Unbelievable.

I've pretty much decided that Jackson are where it's at for me, playability wise, they're the most comfortable guitars for my hands and I've tried guitars from almost every well known brand out there. Good luck with just limiting yourself to just 2 or 3 guitars :)

This is just too much!

I know right? My GAS is going crazy right now, so many nice guitars so far. I just found a used Jackson RR3 in Eerie Dess Swirl on a guitar store's website and I'm gonna see if I can get it for my birthday, it'll push my kemper back about 5 weeks though.
    ( I'm not giving a link here because I know someone will buy it before I can get it)

My number one is my Gibson Les Paul True Historic R0, best Les Paul I have ever played.
    Followed by my 2013 Les Paul R0 Reissue, EVH USA Wolfgang, Gibson 2006 BB King Lucille, Gibson ES175, Fender Reclaimed Pine Stratocaster. I have a bunch more, but these are my main go to guitars.
    http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/Drog1602/media/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsjqdmzug2.jpg.html[/img]

[Blocked Image: http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag321/Drog1602/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsjqdmzug2.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag321/Drog1602/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsjqdmzug2.jpg]

Me gusta!

Ah, ok. Sorry to hear about that, man.

Yeah I checked out Daemoness too and that's where I saw the Waghorn name. Their customer service has been just awesome, literally amazing so far. Although the wait time is possibly up to 12 months, so get in there quick

The wait time for a Daemoness is 24 months plus 6 months build time so waiting for 12 months in comparison isn't that bad.
    Also, how much is your guitar costing you in £s? I'm saving up for a Kemper right now but I'd love to get a custom guitar after that.