The CABINET simulation happens before the EFFECTS Session

• The signal going into the Ditto has the cab in it (or not if you turn it off), so you should expect that. What are you wishing it did?

so what happens is, Rig A is used to record a loop (amp and cab rig), then I switch to Rig B (amp and cab) but the Rig B cab is also effecting the sound of the Ditto in the effects loop. So its a cab after a amp and cab.

• Weird thing happening with helix and kpa...

Dunno if this will help but maybe it'll inspire.

thats more or less what I'm describing. I don't necessarily know if I'm getting the ice picky results you're talking about, but the bottom line is the effects loop absolutely seems to be pre cab block, no matter what. As I run into more limitations and "quirks" like this with the control interface, the amazing pure amp sounds... Are just barely keeping me holding on to the KPA. I'm no gigging pro, this is just for fun for me, and not being able to use something as basic as a Ditto looper with the KPA makes it hard to justify keeping. Sorry for the off topic rant.

• After rereading the original response to my thread back then, it would appear that you might be able to put the Loop in the Delay slot and not be affected by the Cab (back then, that slot wasn't able to be used for anything but delay. Might test this later).

• After rereading the original response to my thread back then, it would appear that you might be able to put the Loop in the Delay slot and not be affected by the Cab (back then, that slot wasn't able to be used for anything but delay. Might test this later).

i will definitely try that, I don't use delays much

• it works as a post-cab effect in the delay slot. I will use this for now, ultimately I'd prefer to use the X slot as a post-cab/delay/verb location for my looper; but I can work with this for now

• This isn't correct. Test it with a Loop in the Effects section, but put your guitar directly in to the return input. Try strumming a bit and engaging and disengaging the Cab.

I wasn’t so precise: there is no way to put one of the Kemper-software-generated stomps into a simulated (not real, cable connected) loop.

francisco jent - 2 powered toasters & 1 remote

• But there is, if X and Mod are pre Cab...?

Close to, but not quite - the FX loop of a real world amplifier is between preamp and power amp. The Kemper FX Session is after Power amp. Of course the loop position only matters if the Power Amp is non-linear ^^^^

francisco jent - 2 powered toasters & 1 remote

• The only reason I place delay in the effect loop of a real tube amp is because I can't place it after the speaker and still retain onstage control. With the KPA I can add delay and reverb to the miked amp sound, after the power amp and impulse response.