FRFR but not really FRFR alternatives

• Hi guys,

i currently run my Rig into a Focusrite Interface from there into a pair of M-Audio M3-8 Studio Monitors.
    These are outstanding 3 way speaker for their price tag.

I'm absolutely happy with the Sound but sometimes i would prefer a more raw and less clinical sound.
    A Friend of mine has a Marshall Woburn Bluetooth Speaker and back then we triend his kemper with this speaker

and i instandly fell in love with the sound of this combo. The Kemper sounds amazing but through this speaker
    which has absolutely no flat response sounds more raw and i kinda liked that.

Has anyone a tip for me what kind of speaker i could use at home to get a more "amp in the room" like sound ?
    I would definitely go with the Marshall but the price tag on that one is pretty high.
    I have a full valve combo at home but 100 watts valve through a 2x12 is far beyond what my neighbors are willing to take ;)

I'm looking for a stereo setup so the 700-900€ for the marshall is a bit heavy.
    Can you guys recommend good but more amp like sounding speakers ? I'm not looking for actual guitar cabs cause they
    tend to screw up the sound to much.

Thanks for any suggestions ;)

• So many different views on this. For stereo you need powered ( if you have the powered head ) because the speaker output is mono.

I just went into a music shop and tried loads of monitors...I really liked the DXR10 but I have powered, don;t need stereo so ended up with an own brand monitor because it sounded better compared to Alto's etc.

I also bought one of these which I really like... http://digitalguitargear.com/camper-plus They do different formats as well but difficult to try before you buy!

So I would suggest just go and try a load because its so subjective...

Interestingly you said you liked raw and amp in the room but I think Stereo marrs that...just my view :)

• Thanks mate this camper plus kit looks interesting but the problem with this is that i had no chance to try this first.
    I would need to buy the unloaded cab and build the whole thing to try it. in case that it isn't good i couldn't return the
    cap because you need to modify it ;)

This is pretty risky. But interesting to know this exists.