My distorted tone has an audible low rumble

• I've recently got my Kemper and playing around with some tones. Settled on one that I love, only problem is that when recording a few layers, I can hear a very distinct constant rumble. I find playing with EQ if I pull some of the bass ranges down it helps, but I have to pull out a lot of the sound I enjoy with the tone by pulling a lot of the low range out to avoid this noise. Anyone have any tips?

• I've recently got my Kemper and playing around with some tones. Settled on one that I love, only problem is that when recording a few layers, I can hear a very distinct constant rumble. I find playing with EQ if I pull some of the bass ranges down it helps, but I have to pull out a lot of the sound I enjoy with the tone by pulling a lot of the low range out to avoid this noise. Anyone have any tips?

Use a high pass filter with a steeper slope. Or experiment with the slope to roll down the deep bass without messing with you fundamental guitar tone. You'll have to find the frequency point where you attenuate the deep rumble.

I think I saw that type of EQ in the Kemper, but it will take one of your Effect slots to use it.

Phil 8)

• And you here the low rumble only in the recorded tracks? Or also while playing?
    Standard in post-production would anyway be a low-cut on the guitar tracks if bass and drums are added. But that depends of course on what sound aesthetic you prefer.