• Morning all

A while back when I purchased a guitar amp the guy selling it enabled pedals on his board and with each pedal the sound just started to blossom. Once turned off the amp still sounds amazing but a little flat by comparison.

My question to you all is what pedals/racks do you use to enhance the quality of the sounds you produce. Not looking for effects although I know a quality reverb like a Strymon could be seen as a sound enhancing tool as well as an effect but thinking more around sound quality enhancing pedals or racks.

Thank you all

Mike

• I use an Empress Multidrive for exactly this purpose. OD selected, gain on the lowest possible setting, volume at max. Adds balls to a clean sound and is even a helper with the rhythm rock sounds. You don't necessarily notice it until you switch it out and then you miss it.

• The typical one is a good compressor. It can really make your guitar ring and smooth out the volume differences of imperfect picking. Its the Nashville Sound for that reason.

You can use a colored booster, like the famous EchoPlex preamp circuit (I had the Xotic EP Booster) which sounded good on all things

Personally I like a good Delay and then Reverb, which after the Comp can make a tone magical. But like all things, it's the TYPE of each pedal that together makes it blossom.

You'd have to know exactly what pedals he was using. I can use the same types of pedals in the KPA and still not get what I'm looking for. It takes a while of mix and match to find your AHA moment.