Super Reverb/EZG-50 tone

• Hi guys,

I’m trying to recreate the exact tone of Dan Patlansky you can hear in this video.

As he said, he uses an EZG-50 amp. Which is something like a Super Reverb with more body (I think). I’ve already purchased the official Dr Z profiles. But unfortunately the two EZG-50 profiles included in the pack have a total different sound (probably because they were recorded with a different style in mind).

So, I'm looking for the most closed profile to that sound. Can you help me?

And by the way, hello to all of you. I'm a new Kemper user.

• Heyy! Try switching the cabinet portion to a cabinet from a different profile, this will change the sound drastically and can get you closer to what you have in mind.

Select the CAB module by holding it down and then you the browse knob to scroll through different cab profiles. A soft button above the screen is assigned to select either "presets" or "from rigs". Once you find a cab you like or close, you can then tweak it with high and low shift etc. if needed or wanted. You can then save that cab as a preset and recall it whenever you like! You can also name it something like A cab, B cab, C Cab, Cab1, AA Cab etc.

• Heyy! Try switching the cabinet portion to a cabinet from a different profile, this will change the sound drastically and can get you closer to what you have in mind.

Select the CAB module by holding it down and then you the browse knob to scroll through different cab profiles. A soft button above the screen is assigned to select either "presets" or "from rigs". Once you find a cab you like or close, you can then tweak it with high and low shift etc. if needed or wanted. You can then save that cab as a preset and recall it whenever you like! You can also name it something like A cab, B cab, C Cab, Cab1, AA Cab etc.

Hi! Thank you for the suggestion. I've made some research and I've found that Dan Patlansky uses the EZG-50 with Bassman cab. So I've tried to switch the default cab in my profile with a Bassman. The sound was better, but not perfect. So instead I'm using a Lowman profile (B3) from ToneJunkie and I'm very happy.

I'm still open to new suggestions but again, that Lowman pack is really awesome.

• Yes, I've adjusted the EQ (pre) to shape the tone of the guitar before the amp. I have three Texas Special on my guitar, so I've removed some midrange and gently increased the highs/presence to bright the tone a little more.

• Yes, I've adjusted the EQ (pre) to shape the tone of the guitar before the amp. I have three Texas Special on my guitar, so I've removed some midrange and gently increased the highs/presence to bright the tone a little more.

I meant using a studio eq stomp in the X slot lol

• Hi guys, a little update. In these days I have tested a lot of profiles and combinations. EZG alone, EZG + various Bassman cabs, Bassman profiles, etc. My conclusion is that I will never get that tone. First, big part of that tone is in his hands. Second he has three real vintage single coils. I have three Texas Special and they are different.

So, what am I using right now? The Lowman profile alone (B3). It has something of that tone and it is glorious of course.