Midi Arrrggghhh

• Hi,
    Just got my Kemper today and I'm loving it. Sounds great.

The problem is... I want to change patches on my TC helicon voice works so that each patch in performance mode brings up a corresponding patch for the vocals.

I can't believe I've never had to get my head around MIDI before now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:D

• Sounds easy, what are you using as a controller?

Both KPA and TC gives flexibility to do it two ways, most options & flexibility using CC-commands and basic preset switching with PC commands.

For the latter
    a) daisy chain the devices
    b) chech that both listen same (correct) midi channel
    c) observe the pre-programmed presets/performances/songs change when you step the controller ;)

• Thanks Julai.
    It probably is easy... just not for me:-) I'm using the Profiler remote to change patches
    So I've linked from the Kemper out to the Tc in with 5 pin Midi cable.
    Both are set to Midi channel 1
    Tc has several options for CC with are CC-Ctrl off, GM basic or Advanced.
    on the kemper I've set it so that it will change midi device 1 to change program and Im still not getting anything.
    Am i missing something obvious??
    Thanks in advance

• Cheers Paults

Ive set the TC as an external device. I set it as 1 and set channel to 1 on both units.
    The KPA Performance slot is set to send a program change to 1 (seeing as its the first sound I need)
    There doesn't seem to be a way of setting an individual midi to each patch as the only controls on the TC are global.

I am way out of my depth with MIDI

• Sorted it.

Had to change the Midi send channel on the KPA to Omni and that it started working straight away. Not sure why it wasn't responding to the channel I had it programmed to. ????

Either way it works

So thanks very much for your help

Dan

• Glad you got it. Some devices start counting from 0. Maybe the TC’s MIDI channel “1” started from 0 and was actually 2.

I don’t know that piece. Just a thought.