Loop Distortion issue? Is this correct? Strange behaviour with stereo placement when activated?

• Trying one OD pedal in a loop distortion. I noticed something strange - if you have a loop distortion in your stomp box section, and you turn it off, the direct out still goes thru the pedal and is mixed into the return - IF THE DIRECT OUT IS NOT SET TO OFF. Very strange, and was adding an underlying distortion to my clean profile when the loop was off. There is no mention of this in the manual, but I guess it makes sense signal wise. Would have expected it to be muted if the loop is in the profile. But maybe I am asking too much...

Not very happy with the results either. When listening on headphones, the OD pedal gets pushed to the center of the mix (like a forced or summed mono), but when turned off the guitar seems to return to having more space left and right (and not the effect 'Space") that is off). I would expect it to behave like an onboard stomp but it certainly does not. Has anybody else experienced this? Can someone else try it and confirm?

• Yes! That was it! I was doing a clinic for the Kemper at a local shop a while back and was showing folks how to play a backing track or rehearsal song from their iPhone through the Kemper and hear it in the headphones and monitors. I never set the levels back to zero afterwards. Thanks Christophe! it makes a huge difference!