*NO* modulation when set to Zero...

• I would like to see all of the Choruses, Flangers and Phasers *totally stop* all modulation when the speed is set to zero (there is still some modulation at zero currently). This way, these effects could be used for 'stereophonic thickening' of the sound (without adding modulation), much like a very short stereo delay. I use this technique with my Boss processors to very fat stereophonic results! I would also love to see an adjustable predelay parameter for these effects... (provides more depth for certain sounds) 8o

All modelers known to man 8o

• I see this especially important since we don't (yet) 8o have a short 'ambient' delay we can use in the X slot - a stereo chorus with *zero* modulation & a bit of pre-delay can create a *huge* sound. :thumbup:

• C'mon guys, it's right in front of you! :evil:

CK

What? I don't understand the anger face. We are talking about a way to fatten the sound & Image of the KPA while still retaining the Delay block for long delays, no? Is it really that hard to make the modulations totally stop at zero?

• It is there and is handled as on any other device:

Choose Phaser or Flanger and set the Depth (not Rate!) to zero.
    Or choose Wah Phaser or Comp Filter and set Pedal Range to zero (or Pedal Mode off).

Then set the desired sound by "Manual"

It's not a good advice to set rate to zero on any device for a static sound. Even if the LFO frequency goes down to zero, you might end up with an undetermined (arbitrary) frequency setting.

CK

• Thanks for taking the time to answer! :) Don't want to drag this on, but when you turn the depth to zero on the stereo chorus, it sounds rather hollow and doesn't add the same depth - IMHO, this would be the ideal implementation:

FILTER MATRIX Mode:
    One of the unique settings that was inherited from the legendary DELUXE ELECTRIC MISTRESS is the Filter Matrix mode. The harmonic makeup remains while no frequency modulation is applied. Different tonalities can be obtained when the RATE knob is set between a totally off position to around 10 o’clock position - from there on up, the control acts as a typical rate knob.

• Why would I take over a use concept that would limit our possibilities?
    The Electro Harmonics design is a compromise from the 70's, bound to three controls only.

The Electric Mistress is missing a Manual knob, for controlling the middle frequency of the flanging.
    The Manual knob is standard in many other Flanger and Phaser designs, e.g. Boss.

The design of the bigger *Deluxe* Electric Mistress is even different. There you have a switch for engaging the Filter Matrix.

The Mistress is known to be a Flanger. So it is a good idea to use the Flanger or Comp Filter Stomp for this effect.
    I am getting similar results here.
    A classic chorus is generally not designed for creating controllable static effects.

CK

• My thoughts exactly.