Midi controller HELP ME PLEASE!

• Bare with me cus I might just be being dense here... if so I apologise.
      Basically when I bought my kemper I decided against getting the footswitch as it would’ve delayed the delivery drastically, and I was already using a TC G-System, so decided I would just program the gsystem to work as a midi switch for the kemper... all good... I’ve sorted all the midi routing on the gsystem and it works perfectly for what I want! Excellent!
      What I’m wondering is... currently I run a midi out from the TC G-System to the midi in on the kemper and mainly use one patch live as I am a bass player... basically using the midi switching to hit the effects slots on and off. If I run a midi send back to the G-system (kemper midi send > TC G-System midi in) will the LEDs on the Gsystem correspond with the slots engaging on the kemper. (What I’m trying to achieve is the Gsystem LEDs being controlled correctly from patch to patch depending on what is on/off from default in performance mode when switching between more than performance.)
      I’m fairly new to midi control so hopefully this isn’t too much of a silly question!
  • You’ve indicated you have programmed the G-System to turn individual FX on and off in the KPA - well done! TC abandoned development on it long ago.

The KPA cannot turn the G-System LEDs on and off, but, IF the G-System lights are turning on and off when you use the FX switches, you can “synch” them with the KPA FX status, by saving the patch and rig.

Try this, **Without** any MIDI cables connected from G-System to KPA:

When you press an FX switch on the G-System, do the lights turn on and off?

**If yes**, SAVE your G-System patch with all the FX lights off.

Then, SAVE your KPA rig with the rig’s FX status off.

Connect MIDI out from G-System to KPA.

Are the lights in synch with the KPA effect status now?

• Cheers!
    All I’ve done is changed the individual switches on the 001 patch of the G-System to send the corresponding CC#’s for the kemper to recognise.

There is a long winded way to go about setting it up for performance mode... as in... the gsystem doesn’t know it’s not sending out it’s own internal effects so I could select buttons 1-5 to be “performance 1-5” and just go through and engage the corresponding effects in the unit... so when I select the performance in the kemper the corresponding “live effects” are engaged on the gsystem...
    that’s a fine way for what I already have saved but I will have to keep adjusting the TC every time I make a new performance slot.

• I used a G-System before the Remote, so, I know what kind of operating system you are dealing with :)

Making new patches does not have to be “from scratch”. You can COPY the 001 G-Sys patch to additional patches, and change the MIDI PC that each additional patch sends to the KPA.
    Look in the manual at “Save“. I think you press Save, and navigate to another patch position before pressing the switch again - check this in the manual, though!

And, i’m sure you know you also can also save a patch and corresponding rig with one/some/all FX as active.

• I used a G-System before the Remote, so, I know what kind of operating system you are dealing with :)

Did you just run midi out from the G-System.

Would be really interested to know how you layed out your button mapping... and we’re you using multiple rigs in performance?
    Morphing?
    Any good tips?

Cheers

• You can use a TC switch for Morphing, but not a pedal connnected to the G-Sys. They did not enable sending CC messages from the pedal before discontinuing updates. They were not planning on doing it, anyway - they indicated it would not be needed, because of the quality of the G-Sys Effects.

Is the TC Users forum still on their website? The people there may be very helpful for the G-Sys side of it.

A thread specifically asking about using CC messages with the KPA would get some response here, I think.

• Cheers man! Yeah I’m getting a good idea now of what I can and can’t achieve with the g system! Hopefully a few more hours of tinkering with it and I should get pretty close to the full potential of the gsystem with the kemper!