Posts by TawnyBT

Has anybody successfully discovered a way to use a Line6 Helix as a suitable stand in for the Kemper Remote - I’m primarily looking for Bi-directional communication, so when changing patches/performances I can see what FX slots are engaged/disengaged.

To clarify, I’m not looking for the Kemper to automatically transfer the actual names of patches and pedals to the helix, I understand I’ll have to program that info into the helix,

I’m more looking for the effect engaged/disengaged to correspond when I change between patches.
    For example, when setup correctly, I could press the Delay stomp button on the Kemper and the corresponding foot-switch would light up on the Helix.

Cheers man! Yeah I’m getting a good idea now of what I can and can’t achieve with the g system! Hopefully a few more hours of tinkering with it and I should get pretty close to the full potential of the gsystem with the kemper!

I used a G-System before the Remote, so, I know what kind of operating system you are dealing with :)

Did you just run midi out from the G-System.

Would be really interested to know how you layed out your button mapping... and we’re you using multiple rigs in performance?
    Morphing?
    Any good tips?

Cheers

Cheers!
    All I’ve done is changed the individual switches on the 001 patch of the G-System to send the corresponding CC#’s for the kemper to recognise.

There is a long winded way to go about setting it up for performance mode... as in... the gsystem doesn’t know it’s not sending out it’s own internal effects so I could select buttons 1-5 to be “performance 1-5” and just go through and engage the corresponding effects in the unit... so when I select the performance in the kemper the corresponding “live effects” are engaged on the gsystem...
    that’s a fine way for what I already have saved but I will have to keep adjusting the TC every time I make a new performance slot.

• Bare with me cus I might just be being dense here... if so I apologise.
      Basically when I bought my kemper I decided against getting the footswitch as it would’ve delayed the delivery drastically, and I was already using a TC G-System, so decided I would just program the gsystem to work as a midi switch for the kemper... all good... I’ve sorted all the midi routing on the gsystem and it works perfectly for what I want! Excellent!
      What I’m wondering is... currently I run a midi out from the TC G-System to the midi in on the kemper and mainly use one patch live as I am a bass player... basically using the midi switching to hit the effects slots on and off. If I run a midi send back to the G-system (kemper midi send > TC G-System midi in) will the LEDs on the Gsystem correspond with the slots engaging on the kemper. (What I’m trying to achieve is the Gsystem LEDs being controlled correctly from patch to patch depending on what is on/off from default in performance mode when switching between more than performance.)
      I’m fairly new to midi control so hopefully this isn’t too much of a silly question!

Cheers for the quick replies guys!
    All majorly helpful!
    I know a lot of it can be easily sorted by diving deeper into the adjustments in the KPA... and a lot of it will come down to getting more time with the rig outside of rehearsing/gigging!

I definitely need to look into more morphing and the benefits of performance mode over just playing live in browser mode!

Luckily the guys at the music shop I use are well up for trying out the profiler whenever im in there so maybe I can find a killer valve bass head to profile with the pedal!

Can’t rate the forum highly enough! You guys are wizards when it comes to great ideas and troubleshooting... hopefully I can pick up more tips and tricks from you guys and nail the tones I’m looking for!
    Any good advice for premium rigs for live use with bass?
    (Not looking for drive/distorted tones... just thunderous clean tones)

Cheers guys!

I’m guessing somewhere in this vast list of threads someone has probably had something similar asked and answered but I can’t find anything that completely covers what I’m thinking.

I’m a bass player, been using a kemper for around 6 months now. Unfortunately I haven’t had a chance to delve deep into it yet as it travels ahead of me to rehearsals and shows...
    I use an unpowered rack through a matrix gt800 into two Aguilar 112’s.
    I’ve been using a personally tweaked “amp pig” profile that was on the unit from factory. That’s the basis of my live rig... no rig changing, only triggering “stomps” via midi with a TC Gsystem.

The only thing I missed tonally from my rig pre kemper was a preamp pedal that I used to have permanently engaged in front of my amp.
    After 4/5 months of using the kemper and tweaking endlessly I decided id see how the pedal worked running in the loop and in line into the KPA... MIND BLOWN! It sounds killer in front of the KPA! The exact tone I’ve been chasing since day one!

I’m a kind of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” guy... but for ease of use and general laziness I’d love to get the tone solely through the kemper without the need for extra pedals, power bricks, pedalboard ect.

The stomp preamp I’m using amazingly is a Hartke Bass Attack pedal I managed to pick up from a local music shop for £35!!! And it blew other higher end pedals out of the water as far as I’m concerned... I cannot rate them highly enough as that secret weapon in a rig for a bass player!!!

So what I want to know is... is there a way of just profiling the pedal on its own and adding it to one of the stomp bays?
    Or will I have to find a way to maybe profile it like I would a normal amp then build from there?

I know it sounds crazy right? Guy buys a £2000 profiler and wants to capture the tone of a £35 preamp!!! Call me crazy but it’s the tone I love!

Or am I just doomed to have to keep running pedals into my KPA?!

Cheers guys!