Tone nailed! But can you help?!

• I’m guessing somewhere in this vast list of threads someone has probably had something similar asked and answered but I can’t find anything that completely covers what I’m thinking.

I’m a bass player, been using a kemper for around 6 months now. Unfortunately I haven’t had a chance to delve deep into it yet as it travels ahead of me to rehearsals and shows...
    I use an unpowered rack through a matrix gt800 into two Aguilar 112’s.
    I’ve been using a personally tweaked “amp pig” profile that was on the unit from factory. That’s the basis of my live rig... no rig changing, only triggering “stomps” via midi with a TC Gsystem.

The only thing I missed tonally from my rig pre kemper was a preamp pedal that I used to have permanently engaged in front of my amp.
    After 4/5 months of using the kemper and tweaking endlessly I decided id see how the pedal worked running in the loop and in line into the KPA... MIND BLOWN! It sounds killer in front of the KPA! The exact tone I’ve been chasing since day one!

I’m a kind of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” guy... but for ease of use and general laziness I’d love to get the tone solely through the kemper without the need for extra pedals, power bricks, pedalboard ect.

The stomp preamp I’m using amazingly is a Hartke Bass Attack pedal I managed to pick up from a local music shop for £35!!! And it blew other higher end pedals out of the water as far as I’m concerned... I cannot rate them highly enough as that secret weapon in a rig for a bass player!!!

So what I want to know is... is there a way of just profiling the pedal on its own and adding it to one of the stomp bays?
    Or will I have to find a way to maybe profile it like I would a normal amp then build from there?

I know it sounds crazy right? Guy buys a £2000 profiler and wants to capture the tone of a £35 preamp!!! Call me crazy but it’s the tone I love!

Or am I just doomed to have to keep running pedals into my KPA?!

Cheers guys!

• If I understand what you're asking, couldn't you find an actual bass amp and profile it with the pedal? Have you listened to the pedal with no amp? If that works it would be really easy to just profile the pedal direct.

Or just use the pedal plugged in to the KPA ;)

• I got you fam.

Find a bass amp you like and profile it with and without the pedal, set up in performance mode for a performance slot with the pedal baked in and one without , BAMMM!

That could do you well until you figure out,
    A: How to use the kemper stomps to replicate that sound
    B: You find a more advanced profile rig setup with morphing and stomps and move on from your previous tone
    Or
    C: The first idea I mentioned above is just fine for your needs :D

Chairs!

• Alternatively, you could Profile the pedal plugged into another Kemper (if you can borrow or use someone else's) whilst running the same Profile.

Then you'd simply switch Rigs to the one Profiled with the pedal when you'd otherwise have had to use it.

While you're at it, if this is what you're able to do, why not make Profiles running the pedal into a bunch of amp Profiles that you like in case you ever need to use another Rig at a gig?

Welcome, Tawny! 8o

• Cheers for the quick replies guys!
    All majorly helpful!
    I know a lot of it can be easily sorted by diving deeper into the adjustments in the KPA... and a lot of it will come down to getting more time with the rig outside of rehearsing/gigging!

I definitely need to look into more morphing and the benefits of performance mode over just playing live in browser mode!

Luckily the guys at the music shop I use are well up for trying out the profiler whenever im in there so maybe I can find a killer valve bass head to profile with the pedal!

Can’t rate the forum highly enough! You guys are wizards when it comes to great ideas and troubleshooting... hopefully I can pick up more tips and tricks from you guys and nail the tones I’m looking for!
    Any good advice for premium rigs for live use with bass?
    (Not looking for drive/distorted tones... just thunderous clean tones)

Cheers guys!

• No worries, Tawny.

I don't have anything installed ATM so I can't audition anything for you, but I went through my RE folder on the 'puter and pulled up 50 Rigs for you to check out based purely on what one might expect in light of their names.

Here they are:

Bassman, GK, Hartke, MarkBass, Sansamp, DarkGlass, SVT & VT.zip

Let me know how you go. Should be some big-ass bass tones in there.