New update 1.0.6

• Try this: record a dry track and re-amp it with:

1.0.6 at Boot
    1.0.6 after change

Downgrade to 1.0.4 and record a third one.

Now you can compare.
    Worth a 30 min work, IMHO.....

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• If you tweak the patch after the change to get it to sound as you want, save it and reboot, after the first change it should be ok...the turnaround could be not to use the patch as it is loaded by boot.
    I still think that you feel it is superbright only because you hear the "muffled" version first, I'm convinced the second one is right....

Edit, in this case the bug is not a sound change but the kpa not loading properly the first rig at startup...

Ok, you might have a point here.
    But again if this is indeed the case that the second (superbright) version is the right one... then I will check into a mental hospital. Either that, or there was a sound change with 1.0.5. beta.

Anyway, logging of now, as I'm tired of reading the stuff I'm writing... :D

• Chris

You're obviously back on firmware 1.04 now, correct...or still on 1.06?

Nope, back at 1.0.6.

Already downgraded to 1.0.4. yesterday and experienced the same sound changing phenomenon (that's why like 2000 posts before this one, in this very thread, I was talking of a "virus"-analogy, as I just don't remember 1.0.4 to act in that way when I first installed it back then)

• Ok, so after finishing studio work of the day I am right mow sitting in the studio and playing with the Kemper over the Studio Monitors - I am not so sure anymore that the sound right after reboot is the good one. There's a point that the sound after rig change feels better. More responsive actually. However, I can say with 100% certainy this evening. I'll check some recordings I did with 1.03 and compare. It would be really cool if someone of the Kemper Team could chime in and explain what happens technically - if they figured it out.

• Ok, so after finishing studio work of the day I am right mow sitting in the studio and playing with the Kemper over the Studio Monitors - I am not so sure anymore that the sound right after reboot is the good one. There's a point that the sound after rig change feels better. More responsive actually. However, I can say with 100% certainy this evening. I'll check some recordings I did with 1.03 and compare. It would be really cool if someone of the Kemper Team could chime in and explain what happens technically - if they figured it out.

Ok, let me know the results. Whatever the case... I've gone mad over this and I'm done.
    Will just move on and reprogram my sounds after a FW 1.0.7 is released that fixes the correct loading up of sounds. (yes, you may applaude!)

So we have an incorrect rig loading bug now as far as I'm concearned.

• Chris: are you trying over and over always with the same rig or have you verified the bug with all (well, not all, but 10-20 different ones, with and without FX....) of them. Does it happen also with factory-untweaked Rigs?

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Didn't check with the factory rigs. You're right, I should check with those as well.
    Currently I have only 3 of my rigs loaded up and it happens with all 3 of them.

Edit: The only effect I use in my rigs is delay, btw. Ok will do more testing later.

• There are two bugs:
    1.) Can be solved with a system-boot. This bug appears everytime when you toggle between two rigs. The first time the rig sounds ok second time it sounds thinner. This one is easy to hear.
    2.) This bug is not that obvious, you can hear it when you play a rig directly after booting and then change to the next rig and back again. The different sound is not that easy to hear but it is there. And it cannot be solved with a system-boot.

I made a test reamping a short riff. First part is right after booting the KPA:
    http://soundcloud.com/rockingguitar/kpa-bug
    Turn up the volume to hear the difference clearly. Which one sounds better to you?

• There are two bugs:
    1.) Can be solved with a system-boot. This bug appears everytime when you toggle between two rigs. The first time the rig sounds ok second time it sounds thinner. This one is easy to hear.
    2.) This bug is not that obvious, you can hear it when you play a rig directly after booting and then change to the next rig and back again. The different sound is not that easy to hear but it is there. And it cannot be solved with a system-boot.

Turn up the volume to hear the difference clearly. Which one sounds better to you?

I hear no difference ?(

• There are two bugs:

The second one is a lot brighter, has more presence and treble. About which one sounds better, the second one is fizzier but the first one is kinda lifeless. But there is definitely a lot difference between the two clips.

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• The second one is a lot brighter, has more presence and treble. About which one sounds better, the second one is fizzier but the first one is kinda lifeless. But there is definitely a lot difference between the two clips.

Indeed. I can ear it even thru my laptop speakers, even if with my monitors the difference is way deeper.
    Lolou, how do you ear clpis, sounds, etc?

• The difference is obvious.

Chris
    When you browse between the two same rigs, before & after booting, do any settings change, are the settings identical, are the Master Volumes the same, is the Clean sense the same?

• But there is definitely a lot difference between the two clips.

I must also get rid of my scuba diving gear.... ;( . I hear the difference, but is really ... small... Honestly I would not notice it switching back and forth between rigs. It's like a small change in presence...