New update 1.0.6

• Ive been using 1.0.5 for a while now and thought the sound had gone all weird but I put it down to my ears adjusting after using other gear for a week or so.
    Aaargh Ive got a studio booked next week for profiling.
    Which firmware do I use?

• Ive been using 1.0.5 for a while now and thought the sound had gone all weird but I put it down to my ears adjusting after using other gear for a week or so.
    Aaargh Ive got a studio booked next week for profiling.
    Which firmware do I use?

That was what I thought as well when I upgraded to 1.0.5. - I thought the sound I had programmed (which was previously so great in 1.0.4) was just mediocre, and I thought I just remembered it wrongly to be so awesome.
    But the behavior of 1.0.6 just showed me that something is indeed fucked up - and it started with 1.0.5.
    When I boot up with 1.0.6. I get the great sound back, just like I felt with 1.0.4.

SGP, I would say, use FW 1.0.4 to profile anything. It seems to be the best sounding FW.

Also, please contact support as well with your impression.

• Ok, having the unit unplugged didn't help. Another system reset - didn't help. Going back to firmware 1.03 - didn't help. I thinkl I am trying 1.04 and a system reset if that doesn't work I hope Kemper is up with a solution real quick. I had fishy feelings about the unit not sounding as good since quite some time as well but as everybody else I though maybe I was romanticising previous sounds - but no, the sound changed definitely!

• Bad News:

Going back to 1.04 - still the same. System Reset on 1.04 - still the same. WTF?

that makes no sense - a software update won't change firmware or hardware. Maybe something else going on?

I am still at delivery code (because I only received mine on Thursday) so I'l going to go for 1.04 which seems the safest option. Is that right?

• I have been pretty scientific about this so my ears are not playing tricks on me and always recorded into pro tools after every step i took. And going back to the old software didn't change that...go figure

• Hi,
    Only had my KPA a couple of days and I experience the same problem.
    Have only done one upgrade and it is to version 1.0.4.

Done some testing:
    Setup: Guitar -> KPA -> Headphones (in KPA), nothing else.

Hope I made "system reset ..." the right way.
    Turn of KPA - press and hold "system" -Turn on KPA.
    1. Test with a rig I profiled myself inkluding some stomps and effects in KPA.
    - load rig
    - Turn of KPA
    - Turn on KPA and listen to the sound
    - Browse to the same rig and load it and the sound is different.
    2. Test with same rig but turn of stomps and effects in KPA and save as a new rig.
    - load rig
    - Turn of KPA
    - Browse to the same rig and load it and the sound is different.
    3. Test with same rig but turn of stomps, effects and STACK in KPA and save as a new rig.
    - load rig
    - Turn of KPA
    - Browse to the same rig and load it and this time I can´t tell if the sound is different.
    So maybe the problem is in the "Stack module" ?
    According to my taste the sound is better after turn on KPA and don´t reload the rig.

Conclusion.

Setup in Studio:
    Load the rig you want to record - turn of KPA - turn on KPA - newer change rig :wacko:
    Maybe a solution but not so practical ???
    Liverig:
    ???
    (Hope you understand cause my English is not he best).
    // Björn

• I have been pretty scientific about this so my ears are not playing tricks on me and always recorded into pro tools after every step i took. And going back to the old software didn't change that...go figure

exactly - it doesn't add up. Are you sure that any changes you made to EQ as a result of 1.04 (ie reduce mids, push highs) haven't been continued into this release - eg 1.04 is rich in the mids so you reduce those - then 1.05 reverts to pre 1.04 settings and you are only just noticing?

• Ok: did a system reset. Nothing changed.
    Went back to 1.0.4 (release) - same behavior now!!!!!!!!! You load up the rig. It sounds ok. You switch forth and back - it gets treblier and thinner. WTF??????????????????????????????????? Did I not notice this back then, or did upgrading to 1.0.5 and 1.0.6 seriously screw the unit? Like a virus or something?!?!?!
    Will try 1.0.2 next

• Hi,
    Only had my KPA a couple of days and I experience the same problem.
    Have only done one upgrade and it is to version 1.0.4.

Done some testing:

// Björn

English is good enough Bjorn...

OK - I'll do the test as I have a Kemper with original factory software 1.0xx and will let you know if it's there from box fresh