New update 1.0.6

• Ok: did a system reset. Nothing changed.
    Went back to 1.0.4 (release) - same behavior now!!!!!!!!! You load up the rig. It sounds ok. You switch forth and back - it gets treblier and thinner. WTF??????????????????????????????????? Did I not notice this back then, or did upgrading to 1.0.5 and 1.0.6 seriously screw the unit? Like a virus or something?!?!?!
    Will try 1.0.2 next

See Bjorn's post above - it''s not to do with 1.05 or 1.06 - it happens in 1.04

• Definitely more fizz and more scooped sound going on on the same profile after changing a rig and going back. Restart -> fine. Change rig and go back to the original rig -> not good. Doesn't matter what firmware I am using now. What's going on? Here's a short clip even on firmware 1.02.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29807386/Kemper%20bug.wav

The first is the sound after booting, the second after just switching to another rig and then back to the first.

I went all the way back from 1.06 and nothing changed after firmware downgrades.

BTW. The Rig I am testing this with is a "pure profile" of my 5150 which I made for touring with my band - my live rythm setting. I never touched the EQ or anything else in the Kemper on this rg. It's the rig like I profiled the amp, no stomp, no fx, nothing - so I am not getting what's wrong

• See Bjorn's post above - it''s not to do with 1.05 or 1.06 - it happens in 1.04

You mean it was there on 1.0.4 beta and I never noticed this before?????
    That actually can be, as I was in the middle of a move in 1.0.4. and always played this one rig back then. So I didn't switch patches/rigs. That would explain why I didn't notice it.

• It must have started with 1.05 I think. Even going back to 1.02 doesn't change it and I am 100% sure it wasn't there in 1.02 or 1.03. Something got screwed up with the new software update!

• Thanks for your clip! I hear a definte change of the sound - exactly as with mine. Link your post to the error report for support please.
    Also, let them know that downgrading from 1.0.6 to 1.0.2 doesn't help.
    Seems like a virus - once infected - it returns in every firmware downgrade.

On a sidenote: anyone running a previous FW (let's say up to 1.0.3) who hasn't upgraded further can comment on this? How is your KPA behaving?

• On a sidenote: anyone running a previous FW (let's say up to 1.0.3) who hasn't upgraded further can comment on this? How is your KPA behaving?

I've got a virgin K here - I'll test ASAP

Another Q - does it happen on stock profiles or just on user profiles? What about on DI profiles?

• I never updated to 1.05, I went straight from 1.04 to 1.06...no problems here.

One noticeable change between 1.04 and 1.06, there seems to be a difference in master volume, I set my MV a little higher than I did using 1.04.

So, as you can imagine, I'm not understanding this thread at all. ?(

• Thanks for your clip! I hear a definte change of the sound - exactly as with mine. Link your post to the error report for support please.
    Also, let them know that downgrading from 1.0.6 to 1.0.2 doesn't help.
    Seems like a virus - once infected - it returns in every firmware downgrade.

On a sidenote: anyone running a previous FW (let's say up to 1.0.3) who hasn't upgraded further can comment on this? How is your KPA behaving?

I just reported it to support with link to my post in the forum. I hope they fix it ASAP

• I've got a virgin K here - I'll test ASAP

Another Q - does it happen on stock profiles or just on user profiles? What about on DI profiles?

You just got your KPA and updated to 1.06...correct?
    Or you haven't updated firmware at all?
    You shouldn't be experiencing anything these guys are talking about.

• If you cycle more (back and forth) between the patches does this problem disappear?

• You just got your KPA and updated to 1.06...correct?
    Or you haven't updated firmware at all?
    You shouldn't be experiencing anything these guys are talking about.

No - you asked for anyone who hadn't upgraded to comment - I said I'd test my NEW Kemper (still at factory levels 1.0xx). I don't know if I'm experiencing it or not so I said I'd go and test it.

Why is everyone so busy ranting to get a fix done ("virus" "ridiculous" "sound like shit") that they can't read the posts here in this reporting thread. Sheesh....it's almost like you want to find a problem you can't fix

• No - you asked for anyone who hadn't upgraded to comment - I said I'd test my NEW Kemper (still at factory levels 1.0xx). I don't know if I'm experiencing it or not so I said I'd go and test it.

Why is everyone so busy ranting to get a fix done ("virus" "ridiculous" "sound like shit") that they can't read the posts here in this reporting thread. Sheesh....it's almost like you want to find a problem you can't fix

Sorry, not understanding your post...does "you" mean "me" ? :)
    I haven't asked anyone to test anything.
    All I'm trying to do is tell you there's nothing for you to worry about, you've never installed 1.05 on your KPA, your KPA will work perfectly with the firmware that's currently in it, or 1.04. or 1.06.

• Im getting confused here. If im reading you guys right then i shouldnt have any problems if i update from 1.03 straight to 1.06? can someone confirm this plz? ive never updated to anything later than 1.03 so far

• I never updated to 1.05, I went straight from 1.04 to 1.06...no problems here.

One noticeable change between 1.04 and 1.06, there seems to be a difference in master volume, I set my MV a little higher than I did using 1.04.

So, as you can imagine, I'm not understanding this thread at all. ?(
    yes i noticed this in 1.05. didnt think much of it at the time but there is a change. 1.05 practically is 1.06 isnt it?

• I'm uploading on souncloud a shot of my favourite profile.
    In a while it will be uploaded (250 MB take time!) and i'll post the description.
    I hear huge differences when i navigate between profiles, when I reboot and when i perform a system reset.
    Anyway the issue is there.

• Guys I'm not hearing anything strange from boot up and switching rigs. I recorded three different ways. They all sound similar. Maybe my ears are shot too.

I agree it makes no difference at all

I think a lot of sensory paranoid here :D