Axefx tone matching

• I know this sounds good, but it still seems flat to me. I'd have to hear some more samples before judging it. Not sure the tone match will meet the dynamics, but it's in the early stages now so I guess it's possible.

• What a great time to be a guitar player, we got Modeling, Profiling, Tone Matching, what else do we need? :) We better start practicing now, we have all the tools we need, no more excuses for poor tone! :)

• What a great time to be a guitar player, we got Modeling, Profiling, Tone Matching, what else do we need? :) We better start practicing now, we have all the tools we need, no more excuses for poor tone! :)

My sentiments exactly! The competition between such cutting-edge companies is a *beautiful* thing, because it expedites improvements, thus making us all want to play more, and talk less! 8o

All modelers known to man 8o

• Hate that tone. It's that same harsh/raspy digital high end I hear on most AxeFX clips, even higher res audio clips.

And this seems to be more simple eq matching than the "profiling" the way Kemper does it..

• Hate that tone. It's that same harsh/raspy digital high end I hear on most AxeFX clips, even higher res audio clips.

And this seems to be more simple eq matching than the "profiling" the way Kemper does it..

Well, it sounds like simple EQ Matching, actually. :whistling:

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• I think it's cool idea and technology. But kinda surprised at all the axe guys getting so excited over a couple horrible sounding clips. Has long time digital moddeller users really forgot what good tone is?

• Ok good I'm not going crazy. I politely mentioned this(tone match clips lacking dynamics, punch, and clarity) in one of the other forums and it was explained to me that it's a tone match of a mastered clip. So I think what we have here is a cool feature for axe users, but probably is not going to cut it for us kempers. It still seems to have that digital sound to it and lacks that "amp in the room" sound. I'm glad I'm not the only one who hears it. I know these are newly released clips, but I just don't see how tone matching is going to be perfection. As someone mentioned it's kinda just eq matching and not really like an amp match like the kemper. Maybe if I hear some better clips I'll buy one in addition to the kemper, but I doubt it based on what I hear so far... if I was a current axe 2 owner I would be stoked to get the feature so maybe that's where the hype is.

• I think it's a good thing. I'm not saying those clips sound good, but it's just another tool in the toolbox.

• Ok good I'm not going crazy. I politely mentioned this(tone match clips lacking dynamics, punch, and clarity) in one of the other forums and it was explained to me that it's a tone match of a mastered clip. So I think what we have here is a cool feature for axe users, but probably is not going to cut it for us kempers. It still seems to have that digital sound to it and lacks that "amp in the room" sound. I'm glad I'm not the only one who hears it. I know these are newly released clips, but I just don't see how tone matching is going to be perfection. As someone mentioned it's kinda just eq matching and not really like an amp match like the kemper. Maybe if I hear some better clips I'll buy one in addition to the kemper, but I doubt it based on what I hear so far... if I was a current axe 2 owner I would be stoked to get the feature so maybe that's where the hype is.

I think it's too early for anyone to judge, the clips i heard of the Youtube tone matching of course are only going to be as high quality as the source, and they sound very close to my ears, very impressive being able to do that with just the Axe itself without having to use any computer software, and also in the new upcoming firmware version, there is amp tone matching, which I'm sure they use their own method but the in the end, the results will most likely be what the KPA does, I'm excited!! I own both the Axe II and KPA, i'm kind of waiting for this release so I can profile/ tone match, whatever they'll call it, the tube amps at the same time, i have plenty of amps I can borrow for this, so only want to do it once.. :)