using the kemper with volume pedals

• Hi everyone, first (and most definetely not the last) post for me. Im a new kemper user, moved over from the gigrig. I was wondering if it's possible to use my EB6165 as a vol/expression pedal with the kemper? And how would i cable it in? Also, probably a silly question, (and off topic) but is there a way of me creating a sound using multiple effects, then saving that sound as ONE sound and using it as one effect (say in X). When i save the effect block for later use, where does it get saved if i want to use that sound on a different performance or rig? can you name these new sounds?

Thank you in advance!

• Expression Pedal Recommendation

An expression pedal works just like any analog Wah or volume pedal, but is made for digital devices. It only needs one cable with a stereo jack (TRS jack). In principle, all kinds and makes of expression pedals can be used with the Profiler, however many users prefer the following two models:

Dunlop DVP 3* is a hybrid, including analog volume as well as expression functionality. Because of its wide mechanical-range, it is preferred by many users for sensitive volume control or morphing.

Mission EP-1 and EP-1 KP* are both available in green and black. The EP-1 has the look and feel of a classical Wah pedal. That’s why it’s the preferred choice of many users for Wah applications. The EP-1 KP offers an additional toe switch, which can be connected to the Profiler like any other external switch via an additional TS-cable. This switch can then be used to activate/deactivate Wah effects in a similar way to how classical Wah pedals work. This toe switch can be very practical, if the pedal is used as a dedicated Wah pedal, or Wah in combination with volume. Generally, a toe switch is not required as the Profiler offers intelligent ways to activate Wah effects, for instance by simply moving the pedal.

• Short answer: A Volume Pedal can’t be used as an expression pedal.

Your other question:

Although you cannot “collapse” mutiple Effects Slots to just one Slot:

You can create and save a Stomp Preset that contains the effects settings and on/off status of A,B,C, and D lots.

You an also create and save an Effects Preset that contains the effects settings and on/off status of X,MOD,DELAY,REVERB.

• While a volume pedal can be used as an expression pedal (if you make a special cable) the results are sub optimal at best due to the fact that volume pedals have a log taper pot and expression pedals have a linear pot.

I always wondered how Dunlop managed to do both Volume and Exp in the same pedal. Turns out they have a dual gang pot attached to the pedal. One shaft controls a 250k log pot for volume and a 10k linear pot for Exp . As people in the UK of a certain age might say “pea and ham, from a chicken, now that’s clever!”