Yorkville YX10P

• Hey everyone, just wanted to give a heads up that I rented a Yorkville YX10P this past weekend to use on gigs and I really dug it! I was a little worried as I initially went in to rent an E10 powered, but they were all out and the YX series is a couple of tiers down. I had rented an E10 non powered before, and I was not that into it. I found it pretty severely lacking in lows and some highs. Not the case with the YX10P. Had to do very minimal EQ tweeking to tame the highs a little bit, but that was me just being picky. I reckon this is due largely to the power amp. This does make me a little worried about the Xitone passive I have on order, but I've heard nothing but good things about those. Anyways, if anyone (especially people in Canada) are looking for a cheaper speaker to buy or rent (cost me $6 a day to rent from L&M!) I'd recommend giving the YX10P a try. It's the best thing I've plugged in to so far, including my KRK monitors, but I haven't tried any of the really nice stuff like CLRs or Xitones yet.

Edited once, last by sjdale ().