Posts by sjdale

Have you submitted a support ticket?

If not, you should.

It costs nothing.

I've submitted a support ticket, had a bunch of back and forth ending in the recommendation that I send it in to get fixed.

You can also send the unit and ask a cost estimate upfront and then decide.

This is likely what I'll do. Unfortunately I'm in the middle of a contract lasting until the middle of May that I need the unit for. Hoping it'll hold out until then.

Just a quick thought but have you checked the Panorama control is set to 0? This pans the signal between left and right so could account for the level difference between the two outputs.

The knob issue is a standard part which any decent local electronic repair service should be able to fix or replace fairly cheaply.

Not sure about the distortion though.

I wish that were the case! The Panorama control is set to 0 though.

Good to know about the knob. Thanks for the help!

Thanks Paul. I'm having a few issues:

1. My XLR main right output is sending a lower signal than my left.

2. My 1/4" main right output is sending a much weaker signal than my left when the output is set to about -5 db or lower. When turning the main level up past -5 db a very aggressive digital type distortion is introduced.

3. Monitor ouput (in stereo using, using "direct output/send") The level is the same, but I have the digital type distortion on both sides. This distortion happens to the same degree regardless of where I set the monitor output and how much gain I have on my audio interface. No clipping is showing up on the audio interface.

4. The knob at the bottom of Kemper that is assigned to "Middle" when working on the main rig page of the LCD will often not register a change when I turn the knob and then all of a sudden make a big jump. This works both ways so it can be difficult to make precise changes.

Headphone output and power amp output are working fine. I've verified most of these issues plugging into different systems. Switching the cables L to R on the back of the kemper makes the issue come out of the other side of the PA or audio interface so it must be an issue with the Kemper.

I've had a fair bit of back and forth with support and they've instructed me to go through British Audio for repairs. I just wanted to see if there was a quicker solution to get what I'm really after, a fully functioning Kemper Stage.

Hey everyone. I have a Powerhead that's acting up and in need of service. It's no longer under warranty and I would have to pay out of pocket for the fixes. What I'd really like to do is trade in my Powerhead and Remote to Kemper for refurbishment and get credit towards a Stage but Kemper doesn't have such an option. Does anyone have any leads on an outfit that refurbishes units that would take my broken Kemper off me, either for credit towards a new or refurbished Stage or for $?

Hey folks. Curious if an issue I'm having is normal behaviour and if not, hoping for a fix.

In "perform" mode, I have two effects blocks locked so that they carry over to all my rigs in the performance. I'm trying to assign them so that when I push one bottom they both turn on. Another push, they both turn off.

I can get this to work in a single rig, but when I switch to another rig it no longer works. At this point, the switch is usually no longer coloured and just has one effect assigned to the button. When I switch back to the original rig, the strange behaviour continues.

I've tried locking "Rig", I've tried saving the performance before switching to a new rig. Nothing seems to allow me to do this. Is this normal?

Hey, thanks for your response!

I actually came to the conclusion that I would just store the performance whenever I made adjustments to profiles at gigs. That way when I switch off a slot then back to it my edits are kept. I thought I might have trouble remembering this in the moment, but turns out it wasn't a big deal, at least not on Saturdays gig.

I've figured out that I missed tuning an amp (profile) to a given room/monitoring level. I wasn't really aware of the Fletcher Munson effect, but gaining an awareness of this and subsequently coming to the conclusion that I needed to tune each slot to the situation is a game changer for me. My last gig was the best feeling gig I've had with the Kemper, and I've found that I really missed the process of finding my sound in the space.

Thank you for your suggestions on the up and down buttons as well. I always seem to hit the by accident once per gig. It isn't a huge deal, just a minor annoyance. I do have it set up so it doesn't load the new performance automatically, and that helps big time. I actually saw a post where someone put something over the buttons so that you physically could not push them. I'm probably going to try something like this.

Thanks again!

Hi, I think I already have my answer from the manual, but I figured I would ask anyway just in case.

I like that my edits are preserved when I change slots within a performance using the rig buttons on the Kemper. I figured the same thing would happen when using the remote, but this is not the case by default. Is there anyway to make this so?

Another question, is there anyway to disable or reassign the up and down buttons on the remote to change performances? I typically use one performance for a gig and sometimes I accidentally hit those buttons followed by me frantically trying to get back to the performance. Thank you!

Hey everyone. Yesterday I was using my Kemper and I received this message (please see attachment). I left the room for about 10 minutes and when I returned this message was displaying. I didn't yet update or make any major changes, just made a new performance and did some adjustments on some profiles. After pressing exit as instructed to restart, I get no output. Additionally, both the input and output LEDs are constantly lit regardless of whether anything is plugged in. I emailed the email they provided but I haven't heard anything from them yet.

I bought this Kemper new a few months ago. If anyone has any insight into what's going and/or how I can fix it I would greatly appreciate it! Also, how long does it typically take for support to get back to people? I've got some gigs coming up that I need to use it on. Thanks everyone!

Hey everyone, just wanted to give a heads up that I rented a Yorkville YX10P this past weekend to use on gigs and I really dug it! I was a little worried as I initially went in to rent an E10 powered, but they were all out and the YX series is a couple of tiers down. I had rented an E10 non powered before, and I was not that into it. I found it pretty severely lacking in lows and some highs. Not the case with the YX10P. Had to do very minimal EQ tweeking to tame the highs a little bit, but that was me just being picky. I reckon this is due largely to the power amp. This does make me a little worried about the Xitone passive I have on order, but I've heard nothing but good things about those. Anyways, if anyone (especially people in Canada) are looking for a cheaper speaker to buy or rent (cost me $6 a day to rent from L&M!) I'd recommend giving the YX10P a try. It's the best thing I've plugged in to so far, including my KRK monitors, but I haven't tried any of the really nice stuff like CLRs or Xitones yet.

Does anyone have any experience with the Yorkville E10? Referring to the passive version. I have a powered Kemper so I was thinking a passive monitor would be the way to go. Good sound is a priority, but because I take transit to gigs small size and weight are also factors, as is cost. That and the fact I live in Canada make these appealing. I don't play super loud gigs. Clean to mid gain sounds are my priority. Like many I'm looking to get as close as I can to that amp in the room sound, but I don't mind the mic'd amp sound either. I've been seeing the Yamaha DXR10 and Atomic CLR are also very popular here. Would the E10 be miles away from these in terms of sound quality? Thank you!

- Steve

Hi everyone,

Just got my Kemper yesterday and very excited about it. I'm having trouble figuring out how to control either the wah ring mod or wah frequency shifter with an expression pedal. Specifically, I'm trying to control the "manual" setting. I have a Moog Ep-3 connected to the profiler remote. Searched for quite a while through the manual, this forum and google but couldn't find a solution. Thank you!

- Steve