Getting rid of a broken Kemper

• Hey everyone. I have a Powerhead that's acting up and in need of service. It's no longer under warranty and I would have to pay out of pocket for the fixes. What I'd really like to do is trade in my Powerhead and Remote to Kemper for refurbishment and get credit towards a Stage but Kemper doesn't have such an option. Does anyone have any leads on an outfit that refurbishes units that would take my broken Kemper off me, either for credit towards a new or refurbished Stage or for $?

• Thanks Paul. I'm having a few issues:

1. My XLR main right output is sending a lower signal than my left.

2. My 1/4" main right output is sending a much weaker signal than my left when the output is set to about -5 db or lower. When turning the main level up past -5 db a very aggressive digital type distortion is introduced.

3. Monitor ouput (in stereo using, using "direct output/send") The level is the same, but I have the digital type distortion on both sides. This distortion happens to the same degree regardless of where I set the monitor output and how much gain I have on my audio interface. No clipping is showing up on the audio interface.

4. The knob at the bottom of Kemper that is assigned to "Middle" when working on the main rig page of the LCD will often not register a change when I turn the knob and then all of a sudden make a big jump. This works both ways so it can be difficult to make precise changes.

Headphone output and power amp output are working fine. I've verified most of these issues plugging into different systems. Switching the cables L to R on the back of the kemper makes the issue come out of the other side of the PA or audio interface so it must be an issue with the Kemper.

I've had a fair bit of back and forth with support and they've instructed me to go through British Audio for repairs. I just wanted to see if there was a quicker solution to get what I'm really after, a fully functioning Kemper Stage.

• Most guitarist want gear that's up and running or can quickly be fixed. I'd also suggest you get it fixed. Then it would be like brand new and you might want to keep it instead.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Just a quick thought but have you checked the Panorama control is set to 0? This pans the signal between left and right so could account for the level difference between the two outputs.

The knob issue is a standard part which any decent local electronic repair service should be able to fix or replace fairly cheaply.

Not sure about the distortion though.

• Just a quick thought but have you checked the Panorama control is set to 0? This pans the signal between left and right so could account for the level difference between the two outputs.

The knob issue is a standard part which any decent local electronic repair service should be able to fix or replace fairly cheaply.

Not sure about the distortion though.

I wish that were the case! The Panorama control is set to 0 though.

Good to know about the knob. Thanks for the help!

• Have you submitted a support ticket?

If not, you should.

It costs nothing.

I've submitted a support ticket, had a bunch of back and forth ending in the recommendation that I send it in to get fixed.

You can also send the unit and ask a cost estimate upfront and then decide.

This is likely what I'll do. Unfortunately I'm in the middle of a contract lasting until the middle of May that I need the unit for. Hoping it'll hold out until then.