Passive Speaker Choice??

• I just purchased a powerhead and I know i want a Gemini passive, but can't decide on the 1x12 or 2x12. The size differnce is not that much. The weight is not really a factor. What I am curious about is that the KPA is supposed to just make the profile "louder". So with that in mind, will there be a difference in the overall tone bw the two? My experience has always been that the more speakers, the fuller and well rounded the sound will be. This is new to me, the "louder" aspect.

Also, the 1P is basically the same size cab, but with more empty space for the one single speaker. I am wondering if that would make a difference compared to a similar size cabinet in the 2P (4" wider) and having 2 speakers crammed together with less empty space.

I hope this makes sense. I know everyone has diff tastes, i am just hoping to get some insight, esp if someone has tried the 2 Gemini's or a similar brand of a 1x12 and 2x12.

• I'm also curious about this myself. I'm currently using a Gemini 1-P and it sounds great, but i'm wondering if I should have gone with the 2-P for a fuller, bigger sound. I'm also concerned about the power handling of the 1-P given that the website lists it as a 250W cab and the Kemper Powered Head is a 600W amp - wondering if I may run into issues if I try to run the amp too high and damage either the speakers, the amp or both.

• When I was running tube amps, I had a Marshall 4x12 with V30s and also a pair of single V30 Crate cabs. I don't get a particularly fuller sound from four speakers, the main tonal difference is that the ones in the Marshall are older and more broken in, i.e. it's more about the speaker than the quantity.

Are you guys using the cabs just for on stage monitors, i.e. also running your main outs to FOH? If you weren't running into the PA, I would think the only benefit of two 12s would be to have them in separate cabs, one on each side of the drummer, to give the audience a wider stereo field. In a single cabinet I don't think you're going to hear much of a difference, certainly not enough to justify the extra cost and weight.

All of which, of course, is just a highly subjective opinion, that has nothing to do with deodorant. Honest. :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10