Buying a Kemper, Questions first..

• Hi all.
    Ive been keeping an eye on this product for a while.. and now I think its finlly time to buy..

However just a few questions I have regarding profiles.

If I download a profile from the site... is that the tone im stuck with.. for example.. can I then change the cab if its not to my liking? or even Mic choice?

I know its not a modeller, but want to be clear on this..

2nd.. There are about 8 differnt stop OD/Dist pedals available in the kemper. - can we add to that list if we profile some of our favorite stop effects?, same with delays etc etc...???
    Thanks
    A

• Cab and mic are on the same block (you cannot separate them) but you can change them. The parameters available allows you to change a lot on the tone.
    You can profile od/dist/fuzz in front of your amp, but then is part of the profile, cannot be separated and used as stomp with other profiles (all stomp anf fx are modeled, not profiled). Time based FX cannot be profiled

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Ok thanks.

So for example.. I have a Marshall Head, 2x12 Cab sm57 and a U87 mic I mic them up, profile it.. then do the same with my dirt pedals and delays etc.. and thats my sound yes?

Will I then once profiled be able to go into that profile and swap out the cab to say a 1x12 or 4x12 thats using differnt mics?

Cheers
    A

• I think you can profile a distortion pedal as an amp block, but you can't profile it as an effect to be used with an amp block. You can't change the microphone placement on the amp mic block like mentioned below, but you can profile multiple cab microphone combo blocks. Also, you can extract your cabinet/microphone block. Tills has supplied a ton of mic cab blocks and they are more than sufficient. You also have a choice of many more. One thing I have noticed is a profile either works or it doesn't. Some people are really good at profiling their amps and some aren't. You have to sort through and find the best and then maybe change the cabinet or tweak from there. If you tweak too much though the amp will sound fake. What is weird to me is that some profiles sound better than the actual amps and other profiles sounds like a cheap old modeler. Like I said I think it's the method used to profile. Once you find a few amps you like that's really all you need. I mean honestly nobody needs 500 amps. I weeded mine down and still have way to many. Tweaking takes a matter of seconds so don't worry about finding what you like. Anyways, hope you enjoy your kemper when you get it.