Bass user "Pure Cabinet" Question

• I am struggling to hear this option make a difference to my Bass sound, despite using a FRFR cab and I like to hear a bit of "clank" out of the horn

So I was going to un-tick it in the Global section after I read-up that it seems to be a high-frequency thing for you Guitar chaps, It looks like I can still add "pure cabinet" back at the "Cab" level anyhow.

This is me just checking that I'm not being silly?

• You're not silly. When PureCab was introduced the wish to not have it globally but per rig came very quick. That's why you can activate it in the cab section, where it is per rig and not globally.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• I am struggling to hear this option make a difference to my Bass sound, despite using a FRFR cab and I like to hear a bit of "clank" out of the horn

So I was going to un-tick it in the Global section after I read-up that it seems to be a high-frequency thing for you Guitar chaps, It looks like I can still add "pure cabinet" back at the "Cab" level anyhow.

This is me just checking that I'm not being silly?

It's not strictly a high frequency thing. It also affects the low frequencies, however its effect will be most pronounced with respect to distorted tones. Pure Cab generally has little effect on clean tones.