Every 4-5th booting I get blank screen, can't do anything.

• So, I'm on 1.07b, and every 4th or 5th time I boot up or so, my KPA is bricked and stays on a "blank" screen, saying Kemper Profiling Amplifier and the Get The Latest SW Update etc... message. If I wait, nothing happens. I've tried resetting my unit with the System and the Rig method, too, but nothing helps. Last time I think the System method helped but now it doesn't. I don't want to lose everything, and I've created some stuff since my last backup. What can I do? :(

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• OK, FYI, this actually worked:

Install or reinstall the firmware

• Switch the main knob to off
    • Download the latest KPA firmware
    • Get an empty fat32 formated USB stick
    • Copy the unziped firmware file 'kaos.bin' to the root folder of the USB stick
    • Plug the USB stick into the KPA
    • Press and hold both '<' and '>' keys
    • while still holding both keys - switch KPA to tuner
    • Something like 'boooting and installing' will be displayed
    • Wait until the firmware is reinstalled

But to be honest, this is still scary, and I'm on 1.0.7... what could be causing this?

UPDATE 1: No, it didn't work, only for a single start, and now I got this screen again... ???

• I fixed mine by backing up the Kemper up and then reinitialize the flash memory.
    Then restore you profiles ect from the back up.

I'm afraid this is my only chance as well... I hope I catch a working state, then I can back up everything and reinitalize the flash... but if a corrupted rig or something was the root of evil, then it will come back.

• The freeze at boot may come back so I suggest you back up and reinitialize:

Erase the internal flash memory

Note: ALL the rigs will be erased during this procedure!!

• Switch the main knob to off
    • Hold the left/top soft-key above the LCD
    • while still holding this key - switch KPA to tuner
    • Maintenance Module will be started
    • In the 'Maintenance' menu goto 'Memory'
    • Use Memory FormatFlash and InitFlash
    • Check if the KPA works (booting, tuner)
    • Resinstall your rigs
    • Check all the KPA settings
  • Be careful what you do, guys. Between 1.0.6 and 1.0.7 a couple of things has changed. I would warmly suggest to drop Support a mail with a clear description of the issue and wait on their answers. Those maintenance and debug menus where never supposed to be accessible to users...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff