KPA Arriving today, Hookup method?

• Hi folks!

Well My KPA is on its way today.. - but ive a few questions that im worried about. - my main purpose for this amp is to use it in studio, so I dont have to mic up for days and piss the neighbours off.. although I use an ElvenRack as my sound interface (and recording tool) My idea was to run the kemper along side the 11R via S/pdif cable.

So I can setup a new track in PT and record happily with the kemper....then switch to the 11R for double tracking etc etc, you get the idea.
    However, Ive read that the Kemper cant use s/pdif very well, and therfore this method will not work.

So if this is the case.. how do I record using the kemper? as its not an interface..
    Thanks
    A

• If you can set the 11R to slave, spdif should work. Otherwise make an empty patch (bypass everything) on the Eleven rack and run the main outs of the KPA in to the line inputs of the 11R

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I'm running KPA into 11R via SPDIF with no problems. You really just need to create your Pro Tools session at 44.1khz and it should work fine once you deactive the amp section on the 11r. You can also experiment with DI profile on the Kemper with a cab on the 11R.

I'm starting to realize how critical the cabs are on the Kemper so I'm now wondering how the 11R rigs sound using the Kemper's cabs?

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• I'm starting to realize how critical the cabs are on the Kemper so I'm now wondering how the 11R rigs sound using the Kemper's cabs?

Almost everything that you use the KPA´s speaker section with sounds so much better, it is simply amazing. Hook up the effect send of any amp or even a modeller that can be used without its own speaker emulation and you instantly get great results.

• I'm running KPA into 11R via SPDIF with no problems. You really just need to create your Pro Tools session at 44.1khz and it should work fine once you deactive the amp section on the 11r. You can also experiment with DI profile on the Kemper with a cab on the 11R.

I'm starting to realize how critical the cabs are on the Kemper so I'm now wondering how the 11R rigs sound using the Kemper's cabs?

Mind telling me how you setup ypur Protools I/O for the Kemper to record? - and your Juts using the 1 cable from Out of the kemper to in of the 11R?