KPA desktop version & plugin

• I wonder if kemper will make a 'light desktop' version of the KPA ( just like the Virus TI snow , much smaller & cheaper ).

A 'runtime' version without the profiling technology would be acceptable ( in order to reduce the price ), since one can always borrow another standard KPA to do the profiling of his own amps ,once for all, and get the profiles on the box.

Another request : an audio plugin version of the KPA (like a VST plugin).

Is there any roadmap for the bright future of kemper amps somewhere ??

I know I will take some time for those alternatives to hit the market since R&D costs a lot and the KPA must get trough return on investment period, but lower budget guitar geeks need to know if they can join the clan of happy KPA owners.

Thanks for you consideration

W.

• Nice idea for the VST/AU plugin but, having spent 1400€ for it and being mad about potential piracy issues, i'd prefere to have a editor working over USB connection and the opportunity to use it as a slave SPDIF.
    This would make the KPA work as a VST would but without overcharging the CPU with the algorithms for the profiling.

• I certainly dont want Kemper to create a software version because it inevitably gets cracked, everyone starts using cracked Kemper software and the investment we have all made to seperate us from the crowd will become a lot less valuable. Future updates dwindle as sales drop, and thats not a fun day.

--
    Beau McKee - Producing Engineer
    @ Frequency Studios
    RECORD - PRODUCE - MIX - MASTER
    Phone: +61 421 938 284

http://www.BeauMcKee.com

• Well, what about a pedalboard version of the KPA, designed strictly for live play? No profiling capability, but capable of playing existing rigs and built into a pedal board? Volume and Wah integrated with no additional setup. On/Off switching for all 4 stomps and all 4 effects. Master EQ and Master Volume to setup for the venue.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• IIRC (yes I know, TMAH... ;D) someone @ Kemper stated that omitting the profiling section from the machine would not save enough to justify a different hardware incarnation. You can't save on software, and you'd just save one or two sockets and a handful of components.
    I would see such an option at the end of the KPA's life cycle, when you've got the expected return on your investment and any newer idea becomes commercially profitable.

Also agree on the problems related to a software implementation... IMO, the only way to avoid piracy would be using the KPA as a dongle.
    OTOH (I know...), KPA's CPU requirements are much lower than say an Axe-Fx; this would make a software version easier to be crunched by an average today's computer.

• someone @ Kemper stated that omitting the profiling section from the machine would not save enough to justify a different hardware incarnation. You can't save on software, and you'd just save one or two sockets and a handful of components.
    I would see such an option at the end of the KPA's life cycle, when you've got the expected return on your investment and any newer idea becomes commercially profitable.

Sure, but how many additional units might be sold - one for the studio and the other for live performances? I'm just guessing that there will be a market for it, even at the same price as the KPA. Call it the KPP - Kemper Profile Performer. 8)

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I see what you mean :)

AFAIS there're two directions that could be taken here: selling a machine with a different look, shape & so forth, and selling a KPP (nice! ;)) looking exactly like the original.

For obvious reasons, I guess the latter would not make anyone happy :p Why pay the same to have less and not gain anything?
    As for a floor unit or similar device, this could anyway be done w/o having to give up to the profiling function, which is essentially implemented in software. Most probably, what people would miss with such a unit would be the amp-like interface and the ability to tweak things on the fly.

OTOH, I'm sure that if any of us came up with a new, brilliant idea, Kemper will be happy to welcome it X)