FBT Verve M12A

• Hi guys,
    since i love going direct (indeed i use in-ears) i was considering buying an FBT Verve 12MA, which has been one of the favourites FRFR for a long time in the FAS board. I'd like to buy one of them to have more presence in stage and to help some natural vibe fo the guitar.
    Any of you tried them with the KPA?

• No tried it with the KPA but I did own one and used it with my AxeFX Ultra/II. They have a very big dip in the mid-range and a big spike in the high-end. Not really a great solution for FRFR IMHO. I found myself dialing in on my studio monitors and having to change things vastly when playing through the FBT. I would be tempted to go for the more expensive NX12SMA or better still wait for the new Matrix FRFR cab to be released, I tested an early beta and it kicked the ass off everything I have used FRFR.

Spence

• Yes, i read on the FAS board about the issues in the midrage and the top end.
    My idea is connected to two main points:

1) I use IEM for monitoring, so the verve would be used just to move some air on the stage and give a little air vibe to my guitar, when and if i can use a monitor on stage. Think that many times we play in a 4x2 space in small pubs, so many times i might have to leave it at home.

2) Price. I don't want to pay 1000-1500 €. And think that i can get an used Verve 12MA for 300€.

Anyway i'll wait for tha Matrix and CLR products, then will decide.
    Thank you mates.

• I have an LD Systems 12" Stinger monitor, it moves air and may cost less than the verve, if you're getting on for e300 then maybe not though. The LD has a better overall freq response imho.

• I have an LD Systems 12" Stinger monitor, it moves air and may cost less than the verve, if you're getting on for e300 then maybe not though. The LD has a better overall freq response imho.

The LD System has a coaxial driver? I have been using the old series Mon101 with the Axe Ultra and is suited my needs pretty well. Ok, maybe it hasn't a deep low end but i'll have to try it again.
    Anybody tried the DB Flexsys FM12?

• I mentioned this on another thread, but will risk my reputation and throw it out again here. I tried a friend's Behringer B210D and think it's a great option when looking for something with a low price (easy to find new at $200). It's also very light, which really helps when you have a lousy back as I do.

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/B210D.aspx

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Thank you for the suggestion but i have those features in my mind:
    -Coaxial design;
    -12" woofer.
    - fair price and fair quality.

As i told before, i'll be looking at the verve and the Mon121, if i can find i way to try them.

• Hey, you're the one who has to decide what works best for you. I was just offering a suggestion based on my limited experience. However, there's nothing to lose in trying different alternatives. Sometimes you get surprising results. ;)

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I use a verve FBT 12 with the Kemper
    -its good but not perfect. I don't have problem with its mids. I monitor on Adam 12x7s and find all translates well between Verve , Adams and Kemper.
    If anything- the bottom end is a little tricky with the Verve 12. Also- believe it or not.... dimension. I also try and replicate the sound of a 4x12 cab in a small room. I generally add some boxiness from the Kemper reverb or a 9 ms delay. I find it helps the Verve sound more like a cab....and thats my personal taste here. As often said before FRFR is a very complicated beast.
    Now-having said this..i once had to use a cheap nasty JBL with my Fractal last year and that monitor sounded utterly incredible at the gig. I was so tired after the show i forgot to write the model down. So there you go...If you have the option to try a few monitors out- do so.
    Also looking forward to the CLR monitors.

• Can you explain what do you mean with tricky bottom end and dimensions?
    Thank you for your help.

-when you hear a 4x12 cab or open back 2x12 - you are not only hearing the speakers- your'e hearing 1: reflections of the back of the cab 2: the way the bass of the cab vibrates the floor and 3:also the sound bouncing off the walls- ie: dimensions of sound. Its difficult to capture this in a sim even with distant/room miking techniques. (tho Till seems to have a good handle on this in his cab sims)
    So- when we profile something-its not only the amp and speaker we hear- its the room and environment as well. Also how the loudness of the cab effects all this.
    Sometimes an amp sound doesn't require this and other times it does. You can "spice" up dimension by using short delays and room reverbs.
    -hope this makes sense

JJ

• Thank you, this makes absolutely sense.
    As I told before i'm used to play with IEM and absolutely no amp, so those issues probably won't affect my choice too much.
    Anyway i really appreciate your suggestions, as i appreciate the Zappledan ones.
    Unfortunately i live in the south of Italy and i don't have access to big shops with a lot of stuff.