Computer interface

• Hi everyone.

I just received my Kemper today and after comparing it with my Axe-Fx I think they are both good products. The Axe-Fx may still have a little better distortion and effects but the Kemper have some nice sounds that I can not achive with my Axe-Fx. They are both good, there is nothing digital on the market that can be compared to them.

However, I think the interface of the apparatus is great, it's quick and easy to find the knobs for everything but there is one thing I'm having a problem with; Browsing the sounds. This can be a real pain in the **s, the fact that the little screen only shows 8 sounds at a time :o( Not fun if you have hundreds of sounds... Is there any possibility one can control it via a computer interface?

That would be great so I don't have to go insane when browsing my sound libraries. ...but I have not seen anyone write about it so I assume there is none?

• LOL

Not to nitpick here, but actually it seems to me that what mcadder is looking for is not exactly an editor, but more simply a sort of authomation for browsing-scrolling entries.
    While an editor would of course accomplish this task as well, a browser could be the first module of a more versatile application (meant for renaming, editing parameters, swapping cabs, amps & FX, storing/managing, backing up/restoring, listening...) faster to develop and to be made available, that would make (some) things simpler for sure. Not such a trivial idea IMO :)

• Since you just got it you may not be aware that you can use the direction up and down to jump alphabetically. I think this was added several firmware updates ago - you may already know this though. Nonetheless I think there is room for improvement.

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.