The Kemper Foot Controller: A Proposal

• May be we need another poll for the Midiboard destination ? 1 : Bag , 2: tied on pedalboard

But something tells me that Christoph already planned to make it fit the bag

No, we figured out early, that no serious pedal design would fit into this namba bag.

• No, we figured out early, that no serious pedal design would fit into this namba bag.

Ok I thought this design on page 19 was supposed to fit but I agree that this would have made the buttons a bit too close to each others...then I really don't mind a few or less cms..it will have to go to the pedalboard ..so I'd vote for features first thing in this case

• Today, I had an outdoor gig. As usual, the KPA delivered its superb tones to the gig! Some audience came to me and commented the tones were so close to the recording. Just amazing. BTW, it was very sunny and I wasn't get to play under the shade. My Midi Mate's LED display was not visible AT ALL, which put me in trouble... I learnt some good lesson.

On the other hand, I was thinking it would be really great if this KPA foot controller have the display that is visible even under strong sunlight. I don't know if there's such light source or display, that is not super expensive. But, that would be a great plus!

Jake

• On the other hand, I was thinking it would be really great if this KPA foot controller have the display that is visible even under strong sunlight. I don't know if there's such light source or display, that is not super expensive. But, that would be a great plus!

Jake

All foot controllers should have a display readable under sunlight in my opinion, even if it costs a bit more, my Turbo tuner pedal works great, very easy to read, but the other day was using a Midi Mouse which I like because of it's size and it was impossible to read.. personally I won't buy any foot controller that can't be read during daytime outdoors.

• I would like to at least have the option of FX in BOTH rows, as I would often be doing prog chg from elsewhere.

(I saw the new Vintage Revolution PedalPro, but the pedalboard looks like a crap and it's way over-priced... but the concept is nice to have 14 analog pedals).

Phil

Hi Phil,
    i'm the demo guy in the Vintage Revolution vids.
    why exactly does the Pedalino look like a crap to you? It's slim, extremely sturdy and it has no mechanical switches, so no breaking switches or switching noise.
    And over-priced, i don't see how as it's included with the PedalPro, which is expensive, but still great value if you take into account the high-end components that are used.
    Did you check the videos btw? I'm jumping on the Pedalino in one, you wouldn't dare do that to your switch-equipped floor controller.
    best,
    Roger

• All foot controllers should have a display readable under sunlight in my opinion, even if it costs a bit more, my Turbo tuner pedal works great, very easy to read, but the other day was using a Midi Mouse which I like because of it's size and it was impossible to read.. personally I won't buy any foot controller that can't be read during daytime outdoors.

... what about gifting it with a retractile sun-screen (you know, such as certain ATM machines/cashpoints)?

• I vote for rigs (5) on the bottom, FX (4) and TAP (1) in medium row.

On the upper row on the right, bank up/down and Tuner.

Like the four expression connectors :rolleyes:

Hope that the display will be good readable for old men like me :whistling:

• Well, it seems like a great idea - but I have to agree that the price for the system seems a bit steep to me.

Hi there,

thank you.

Yes the price is making it difficult for us to sell. Even after bringing it down significantly, as the original total price for the PedalPro & Pedalino was about 3300 usd.

On the other hand, the sound quality, possibilities and construction strength are such that we'll finally get some people enthusiastic about it.
    From what i read, the - digital of course, not analog - Fractal/Axe-Fx guys have had the same problems in the beginning as we have now: unknown brand, high price. So who knows...
    Roger

ps i love that you guys all have a say in what the new Kemper products are gonna be like. This kind of thing makes them a great company in my book.
    We try to do the same, which is difficult because there's so many wishes and ways to look at useability.

• I vote for rigs (5) on the bottom

Another vote for Rigs on the bottom, Stomps/Effects in 2nd row.

Wow guys... kinda late ;)
    But anyways, here goes:

Final votes:

-FX on bottom row:
    MoreK, killihan, Chris Beaver, richaxes, guitarnet70, TMV, vibracore (Dio), stumcc, sheguitarplayer, HappyKemper
    10 votes

-Rigs on bottom row:
    DanielRigler, Steeldom, Vitchpat1, schneidas, RAPH, ace, jakeykim, JoeBlob, luntho, imall41, Gibson, Froschn, Acker, Zappledan, Spid, mDan, JimmyNo, getzzn, y-mun, jens1972, t3oi
    21 votes

-Neutral:
    and44, Guitartone, Stemast, Doc, BRUNO
    5 votes

Edited 2 times, last by schneidas ().

• Final votes:

-FX on bottom row:
    MoreK, killihan, Chris Beaver, richaxes, guitarnet70, TMV, vibracore (Dio), stumcc, sheguitarplayer, HappyKemper
    10 votes

-Rigs on bottom row:
    DanielRigler, Steeldom, Vitchpat1, schneidas, RAPH, ace, jakeykim, JoeBlob, luntho, imall41, Gibson, Froschn, Acker, Zappledan, Spid, mDan, JimmyNo, getzzn, y-mun, jens1972, t3oi, Bruno
    22 votes

-Neutral:
    and44, Guitartone, Stemast, Doc
    4 votes

• Chris, would you please stop calling and threatening people to move from the Neutral, just because you want to follow up only 2 categories? :D