Help me, I've been kemperized !!

• Hello ,
    I live in France ( Paris ) , I play the Guitar mainly for fun and recording , my musical cultural backgound is mainly 70's & hard rock , blues , funk , jazz and a bit of bossa. I work as an IT pro, so I'll be happy to help if I can.

I just received my new Kemper, went to a patching , tweaking ang rig installing session last evening, wich was a lot of fun.

I'm totally impressed by the beast, very professionnal gear and user interface, dead silent , very musical. I used to play on tube amps but did have to let them collect dust since I now live in a flat. Neighbours do not always dig the sound of cranked amps as much as we do :huh: . I also fount that playing on amps is tiring for the ears ( i'm 41 !!), so I switched to monitors & modelers. I'm so happy to feel the old & mighty good tube vibe again with the KPA :D .

I must thank the few rigs creators that impressed me the most ( for now !!) : The legacy , The Harly , the Hiwatt , the EVH and some fantastic JTM45. I'm not yet used to the cabs ( Tills & so ) since they really differ in rendering on clean amps and hot ones , but there is a lot to discover !

I'd like to profile a few gear I have , but I do not have access to quality mikes, I'll try with direct outputs ( AMT SS11 - digitech RP500 I really dig the brownsound amp - Mesa Boogie subway blues = killer little combo - fender champ 12 ).

I also have two european handwired amp rarities made in the 60's &or 70's with stock tubes ( telefunken ) :

a dakota AMP 30 W 12 Ohm killer amp - Full range head & CAB ( I wonder how it would sound whith the KPA as a preamp without cab sim ??? ) . You can use it for bass, vocals & keyboards , it sounds tubey as hell ! It's now used for my wife's Fender Rhodes and it's absolutely delicious.

The other one is a Mars AMP - 12 W , also full range & open back combo wich has a very specific guitar rythtm sound when cranked ( like the Who ).

I hope I can profile those two amps for posterity ^^ !!

• If you are interested, i gathered some information about some rig collections in a thread called 'hi from france'
    In the 'introduce yourself section of the public forum

Salut,
    Laurent

Laurent