Kemper + G-System Pedal Board

• Hi
    I have a G-System but only thought it was for effects - can someone share with me how you would connect and use your G-System Pedal board with
    Kemper. I just bought a FCB1010 - so if I can do it with my G-System, and it works, I can send this back to dealer (the Berhinger not Kemper ;( )

Kindest Regards,
    Brad

• It's really simple, just treat it as a "simple" MIDI board.
    Connect MIDI out G-system to MIDI in KPA, put them on the same channel, reprogram the switches you want to use on the Gsys to the proper MIDI cc messages (the list is in the reference manual and on this forum).

One thing that doesn't work is exp pedals (Gsys can't send MIDI cc for the pedals). You'll have to connect them to the KPA directly with longer cables. That's what I do now as a temp solution until the dedicated KPA controllers comes out.

If you need help with how to change MIDI cc's for the GS switches, let me know...

• I havent hooked mine up yet but wondered how the Compressor works on the G-System in the loop? Is it very noisy ?

I guess I'll just need to go through each patch on the G-System and turn off the Comp. via Vyzor ....

also , what routing are you using ?

• thank you sir i will try after my gig tonight - i may need some hand holding on programming CC#- never done that :S

I'm doing this by heart so it might not be a 100% correct:

Press edit > menu > scroll to "switches" and select (enter).
    Using the parameter buttons on the top row you can select a particular switch (they're incrementally numbered, starting from the top left and going to bottom right, there's a schematic in the manual), turn the "type" scroll all the way left or right (forgot which way it, just try it) and you will see "MIDI CC" coming up. With the next scroll button you can select which MIDI cc message you want the button to send.

Robman: I'm not using the effects of the G-system right now, just the floorboard as a controller until the one from Kemper comes out. The effects in the KPA are all I need at the moment. But why would you want to use the compressor from the gsys? I don't think you'll be able to re-use your existing g-system patches on a KPA profile, without tweaking all the levels...
    And secondly, if you hook up your Gsys in the loop of the KPA or even in 4 cable method, chances are big you'll create a ground loop and you'll have to add some form of hum eliminator to get red of it.
    I switched to the KPA to simplify my live, so no more 4CM for me :)

• And secondly, if you hook up your Gsys in the loop of the KPA or even in 4 cable method, chances are big you'll create a ground loop and you'll have to add some form of hum eliminator to get red of it.
    I switched to the KPA to simplify my live, so no more 4CM for me :)

My experience is the contrary to the above. I use the GS in the Kemper with the 4CM and I have an amazing variety of sound palette.
    No ground loop, hiss or any noise issues here, my friend. And I also don' t use any hum eliminator.

I have added a loop in all my favourite rigs and saved as snapshots, so when I feel like it I kick the GS in. Even when I don't use any GS user preset, I just have the "All bypassed" preset on, with no impact at all on the final result.