DEAD Kemper ... only 3 days old ???

• My Kemper arrived on 4/24/12. Today I did 3 profiles, and had been using it all day with out any problems. I turned it off to unplug it and move it to a different part of my studio desk, plugged it back in, went to turn it on and nothing ... this unit has only moved from one side of my desk to the other and has only been used maybe 10-12 hrs. It wont come on at all ... no power. I tried everything ... different plugs and different cables ... nothing

The unit arrived on 4/24/12 it is now 4/27/12 and is now DOA.

Purchased online through Sweetwater USA

Sincerly,
    Bummed out

• It took a week to get here. and it will take another week to send it back, and another week to get it back to me?
    Thats a long time. I only profiled 3 amps and they sounded really good. The unit was used less than 12 hrs and died.
    Turned it off and it won't turn back on.

• Try this: unplug it from power, wait 30mins and then plug it back in and try turning it on again (this has helped on some occasions).

However, I would get my unit replaced if this happened to me.

• It worked ... only took 20 mins. Has this happened to others?

Cool! Yes, this has helped a few others with the same prob.
    I would still contact support (via their contact form on their homepage) and report this plus also ask why this is happening.
    Personally, this worries me a bit - but if it doesn't happen again (make sure to update to the latest software too) then you should be fine...

I forgot to say thanks for your help and quick reply.

Thank you !!!

No worries mate! :)

• From Kemper:

please try to disconnect to power cable for about at least 15 minutes. And then try again.

There is a security switch in the power supply, which protects against power spikes (did you correctly switch off before you moved?). The switch will release as soon as a capacitor is empty.

Sincerely,
    Burkhard Dinnies

• There is a security switch in the power supply, which protects against power spikes (did you correctly switch off before you moved?). The switch will release as soon as a capacitor is empty.

Thanks for posting their response. That clears a few things up for me.
    Ok then, if this does not happen again, I would not worry.

• On a side note, I'd advice everyone to always use a surge protection (RF and spikes filter) when using electronic devices.

A power stabilizer is not as important as it is with real tubes.

An UPS could be a good addiction as well and, since it's all SS here, even a cheap, computer-aimed one will do the job. This might reduce the need for re-boots in many time-critical situations.