Kemper "live peripherals"

• So what gear are you girls using in combination with your KPA when playing a gig?

Myself:
    Gordius Little Giant 2 (I decided against waiting for the Kemper controller because I need an advanced MIDI pedal that can also control my looper) + 2 Boss FV500H pedals

Matrix GT1000FX poweramp into Mesa 4x12 XL cab

Gibson Echoplex DPP looper

(Furman power, Line6 relay wireless, Korg tuner)

Both the Gordius and Matrix should arrive this week, so fingers crossed :thumbup:

• - FCB1010 as midi foot controller
    - KPA Monitor out into RCF ART 310A for my stage sound

Did the first gig with that end of April and absolutely loved it. Best FOH and stage sound I ever had! Band mates and sound guy loved it as well. There were two guitarists in the audience who came up to me after the gig to ask about the KPA. One of them I heard has already ordered a KPA meanwhile! ;-))

Cheers,
    Markus

• - Peak FCB8N as midi foot controller
    - mission engineering pedals for wha and volume
    - Matrix GT800FX
    - TT Cabs 112 REX M5 loaded with EVM12L

Eventually I take a guitar with me :P , those days VGS TD1 Radioactive or Mayones Setius Custom.

• main rig is a custom strat -> kpa -> rcf tt 25 sma which replaced a vht pittbull clx with fractal axe II into a mesa recto cabinet. i'm saving like 120 pounds to carry and miss... almost nothing - apart from a basic looper, pitch, and a few fancy fx that i barely used. control is a simple midi mouse + expr. pedal these days as i sold my bulky mfc 101 and am (unpatiently) waiting for what kemper comes up with... btw - new setup is also like 5k€ less :thumbup:

• KPA Monitor out into RCF ART 310A for my stage sound

Markus, do you find that you have to cut the lower frequencies a bit with the ART310A? I recently acquired one and found I had to cut the bass and boost the mids/highs a little.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Markus, do you find that you have to cut the lower frequencies a bit with the ART310A? I recently acquired one and found I had to cut the bass and boost the mids/highs a little.

Yes I definitely had to cut the bass. However I did not have to boost the highs. I think I rather had them cut a bit as well. But with the monitor out having its own EQ this is no problem at all.
    Wasn't sure how the rather cheap (compared to the NX12 ;-)) RCF would perform but I had one lying around so that's what I used for the gig. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. It performed very well and I think I will get along with it for quite some while!

Cheers,
    Markus

• First rehearsal with the Gordius & GT1000FX just finished.

First thoughts:
    Gordius = great! Absolute control over the basic functions (I'm controlling one additional device, next to the KPA). I still have to look into the more advanced functions but that's for later.

Matrix GT1000FX = my ears went through an adjusting phase the first 30 minutes playing it. At first I thought it sounded a bit flat, lacking that "oompf" in the low end, but after a while it turned out my sound was just more defined and lacking the "low frequency rumble" that was typical for my dual recto poweramp. I think I'm liking it more than my Mesa, but I need to play it more (and in different environments to make up my mind). Apart from that: more than enough output/headroom & very nice controlled feedback on my leadsounds!

• I like your setup! I consider the LG and the GT1000 two outstanding pieces of gear.

The RCF - NX12 SMA is a serious alternative, at the same quality lever IMO.

Among other things, as you might know, the LG can easily chain MIDi commands, creating control signals coherent with the NRPN protocol ;)