IMPORTING/EXPORTING PERFORMANCES VIA USB?

• I can see how to do this with the RM but is there a way via USB? If not, there should be. Possibly in future update? I have two Kempers and I'd like to export Perfomances from one to the other with out having to hook both to a computer like I do Rigs.

• The difficulty is, that Performances have fixed locations. What should happen, if you import Performances 5, 6, 8 and Performances 6 and 8 do already exist at the destination PROFILER? The import could require a decision making by Performance.

Perhaps transferring complete PROFILER backups is an option. The result is a complete klone of the original unit including all settings, locking,....

• Burkhard, it would not be that hard to then ask the question: "Overwrite or Move to New location?" It could work if programmed correctly. So, I'm not missing anything, there is no way to do unless the complete back up and restore? I don't like that option because there are settings and such for home that I don't need/want on my road unit and vice versa.

• Yes, if the import of a performance can't go into the same slot and there are slots free, use the first available ones. If it has no available sots, maybe some way or options to overwrite?
    I would imagine anyone importing performances would know what name they are so they could the quickly locate them and shuffle them to where they want.
    I know its not straightforward but at the end of the day for me ( and I can only talk for me), it's the performances that carry all my gig settings and not the single rigs. Same in the studio. Grouping all my most used studio amps together for quick access in a performance. Be great to be able to just throw a few of of them performances onto a usb stick from my Toaster if i wanted to take one of my stage units to a different studio.

• Burkhard, it would not be that hard to then ask the question: "Overwrite or Move to New location?" It could work if programmed correctly. So, I'm not missing anything, there is no way to do unless the complete back up and restore? I don't like that option because there are settings and such for home that I don't need/want on my road unit and vice versa.

Not convinced, that this is a very practical process, if you import 10, 20 or 125 Performances.

Such different settings related to output routing in different environments, output eq,... could be stored as output presets and loaded as needed.

• Not convinced, that this is a very practical process, if you import 10, 20 or 125 Performances.

Such different settings related to output routing in different environments, output eq,... could be stored as output presets and loaded as needed.

Sorry you don’t see the advantages. :(

• It’s not that Burkhard does not see the “advantages” he is just pointing out that there could be other issues, especially if you had a large number of performances.

The only way I could see it working to make it simple would be to overwrite all existing performances with the new imported ones, including blank performances. But then you will still have users that want some but not all, etc.

I could also see replacing one at a time but that would be a slow process too.

His suggestion to use a complete back-up is pretty much the same idea. Take the good with the bad or use the editor instead.

Nothing is perfect, but it’s always good to ask. I think many of us are still sorting best practices.

• I don’t agree. I am quite aware of the options now.
    I was talking to Burkhard.