Be aware of the digital sonic artifacts (aliasing) in your KPA!

• i still hear it on extremely high notes , bend a note at the 22n d fret on the high e , or 24the fret (if you have ) with high gain you will hear it when you pick it and bend it

its a strange noise .

• The aliasing most definitely still exists in the 1.5.0.7769 update.

I have given up using the digital i/o all together--I've tried 3 brands of cable, and 3 different converters, including a Pro Tools 192, and a Crane Song Avocet--and I get varying amounts clicks and pops. Sometimes little to none, other times a lot. I simply can't rely on it for record-making, so I am forced to stick with the analog i/o. Sometimes merely changing rigs makes it seem to go away... only to return eventually.

I have given up using the digital i/o all together--I've tried 3 brands of cable, and 3 different converters, including a Pro Tools 192, and a Crane Song Avocet--and I get varying amounts clicks and pops. Sometimes little to none, other times a lot. I simply can't rely on it for record-making, so I am forced to stick with the analog i/o. Sometimes merely changing rigs makes it seem to go away... only to return eventually.

nevermind

Edited once, last by mikeb ().

• mikeb,

When you say "works perfectly" do you mean the aliasing disappeared?

I have formatted my flash memory before and it did not eliminate the spdif pops and crackles.

Edited once, last by miles ().

• mikeb,

When you say "works perfectly" do you mean the aliasing disappeared?

I have formatted my flash memory before and it did not eliminate the spdif pops and crackles.

Mikeb doesn't say anything specific. He has solved a sound problem by a flash format months ago and since then gives this recommendation to everybody who has a sound problem. He doesn't care what specific problem you have.

We have no evidence that the flash format has solved any sound problem.
    But we had a number of people that lost their sounds by that, because they haven't done their backup right.

Mikeb, if you ever give this recommendation again without deeper analysis, I will ban you from this forum. No second warning!

CK

• Yes, the best way to solve the problems very fast is to call/email the Kemper support.

I feel a little bit guilty because I first found and talked about the 'flash erase feature' here:
    http://www.soundside.de/support/KPARecovery.htm

It was the only way to get my KPA running again - but this was a 'long time ago' using a very old firmware version.

I added a warning for this section and removed the whole section later from that page.

Again, the support is very fast (usually they answer within a few hours).

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• I will not attempt to help anyone on this forum anymore. I need access to profiles and such.

Sorry, I don't get what you're saying (I'm sure it is just me, so don't worry!) :P

You get the aliasing, but only on the digital I/O?
    When you use the analog ins/outs everything is perfect with no aliasing?

• Sorry, I don't get what you're saying (I'm sure it is just me, so don't worry!) :P

You get the aliasing, but only on the digital I/O?
    When you use the analog ins/outs everything is perfect with no aliasing?

No, I get the digital aliasing on analog and digital I/O, and always have.

The clicks and pops from the digital I/O is a separate issue--the "works perfectly" quote originally came from Mikeb in post#284 (which he has since edited out). So I can see where you might have been confused--I hope this clears it up.

• s from the digital I/O is a separate issue--the "works perfectly" quote originally came from Mikeb in post#284 (which he has since edited out). So I can see where you might have been confused--I hope this clears it

I did have a lot of issues with my Kemper a few months ago including what you guys describe. I had high end aliasing, I had pops, clicks, input clipping, SPDIF clipping, and also XLR clipping. I thought for awhile it was my user error and/or my DAW interface (EMU 1212M). Then I thought it was my guitar. I spent about a month screwing around with my setup. Those were my issues. Good Luck! I just wanted to clarify.

• Yes, mikeb.
    If it was the case that we had the chance to analyse your problem, or if you could bring us another two users that solved a sound problem by a flash format - that is somebody that you have helped - this would be a issue for us.

So far dozends of users have performed a flash format, without a result.
    This is no miracle: the sound chip (DSP) is not connected to the data in the flash memory. All data can be changed by a system reset or a simple rig change.

• Yes, mikeb.
    If it was the case that we had the chance to analyse your problem, or if you could bring us another two users that solved a sound problem by a flash format - that is somebody that you have helped - this would be a issue for us.

So far dozends of users have performed a flash format, without a result.
    This is no miracle: the sound chip (DSP) is not connected to the data in the flash memory. All data can be changed by a system reset or a simple rig change.

Ok I understand. I did try the System Reset and it did not work. You know come to think of it, this all started after a firmware update that failed and gave an error message but it did finally boot. I forget which exact version it was but my unit shipped with a pre 1.0 firmware. I am currently on the last non-beta firmware which is 1.1.0.7459 and it has been wonderful in terms of not having SPDIF clicks or pops. In fact I don't currently have any issues other than a bit of a hard time scrolling through 100's of presets.

Please don't ban me, I just wanted to help. So sorry for making trouble for support. ;(

• Did not read all 30 pages, but is there anything new about the post number 1 of this thread, as these digital ghost notes (or what ever they are called) are still a big problem to me, as these are keeping me away of playing like I´m used to on real tube amps. I´m working very much with pinch harmonics, but that´s some kind of impossible with these digital noises kill the actual screaming tone! Still sounds like soundsamples in post number 1.