S/PDIF Syncs Up But No Sound

• Well, I got this working a couple of days ago to try it out, and was able to record into Reaper through my Presonus Firebox. Since doing that I have done a system reset and reloaded a backup file. Now in trying to record some more, the Firebox indicates it has a clock, but I get nothing into Reaper. All config/setup is the same as it was before. Anyone have an idea? ?(

Thanks.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

Edited once, last by Zappledan ().

• Zap, fist make sure you are having KPA locked as master.
    Second, what's the backup's version? Was it an old backup?
    Third, do you get readings on the spdif input on your firebox?

• Thanks Stemast. The backup was only a day old and is the latest 1.08. The Firebox indicates that it's in sync. I don't know how to tell that there's signal via the input, as the only gauge I have is the level meter for that channel in Reaper. As I said, this was all working a couple of days ago, and the only change has been the system reset and restore.

• No, that's what I've been saying - no indication of S/PDIF input, since that's the source I'm using for the particular track. I recorded a couple of tracks this exact same way a couple days ago.

• I figured it out - minor bug in the Firebox software. It booted up in "internal" mode instead of S/PDIF, even though the configuration said it was S/PDIF. I had to change the config to internal and then back to S/PDIF to get it into that mode. The big clue was that when I turned off the Kemper the Firebox blue "sync" light was still on, but should have been flashing red. :wacko: