New user New profiles

• Hi,

Im new here, only had my kemper for a few days, I thought I would upload some profiles for you all in the rig exchange.

An Engl Screamer 50 112 combo clean, lead and hi gain lead channels
    A Cornford MK50IIH into a Cornford 412 cab clean , dirty and dirty od channels
    An Orange Tiny Terror Into a PPC112 Clean and a couple of different gain levels (noticed someone was looking for a tt profile hope this helps).

All recorded with an sm57 in the live room of my two room studio set up,

Also I have a jtm45 head wired by myself so will be profiling that soon and maybe with some pedals.

Id be interested in any feedback, hope you enjoy.

Richie

• Hmmm, how many guys do I know named Richie that don't use a "T" in their name, have access to these amps and spend a lot of spare time tinkering with studio gadgetry. I have to go with BOC Richie but it's just a guess. Being that another BOC ax-man is the one that baited me into purchasing a Kemper I can only say Hmmm. Welcome on board either way, I'll give the profiles a thorough thrashing today! :thumbup:

• Thanks man, I was only last night asking if anyone had the TT... great news and thanks for the time making them :)

Leg em down and yackem smackem

• Hmmm, how many guys do I know named Richie that don't use a "T" in their name, have access to these amps and spend a lot of spare time tinkering with studio gadgetry. I have to go with BOC Richie but it's just a guess. Being that another BOC ax-man is the one that baited me into purchasing a Kemper I can only say Hmmm. Welcome on board either way, I'll give the profiles a thorough thrashing today! :thumbup:

What's BOC?
    Blue Öyster Cult?
    Don't they have a Buck Dharma aka Donald Roeser?

• Yes, Don is the one that turned me on to the Kemper. He had me play through it but, being a lefty I couldn't get a good feel for it on a right-handed guitar. Long story short, I bought it, love it!

• Not sure if he is on the forum, we usually communicate by email or phone. He loves the Kemper and will likely make it a part of his live rig in the near future. He had picked up some powered monitors to run his unit through, I am looking into some power amps to run a Kemper/amp/cab setup. He's running in-ear monitors with everything going through FOH so his stage needs are a bit different where as the majority of my playing lands on smaller stages. It is fun to have gear buddies to throw ideas back and forth with!

• Great job Richie, the profiles all sound very nice and useable! If you have any other amps sitting around, by all means load some profiles. Appreciate your input! :thumbup:

• Just for the record I'm not a member of the blue oyster cult but I also dont fear the reaper.

Stevoe I saw you posted wanting a tt profile hope it was what you were looking for.

Glad some liked the profiles. I'm glad to share and feel that is the strongest part of the kemper profiling amp (us as artists sharing) . I dont really understand keeping tones to yourself (the special part imo is what you do with them) and trying to charge seems to go against the biggest strength of the community. I guess someone will eventually try and charge me for the air I breathe.

When I have improved recording equipment and new amps I will share also.

Take it easy

Richie

• Thank you Richie for the profiles and the BOC clarification. Your profiles sound great, please continue to post anything you have at your disposal! :thumbup:

• Thanks lucky, mh, glad you find in useful.

Bill, its kind of stock in the pre amp maybe a little extra gain on the treble channel, its all point to point on the switches, sockets and pots with a turret board for the main circuitry.

Its running jj el34s and ecc33s in the power and pre respectively. the power amp and power supply is where most of the modding is. it has a gz34 rectifier tube and is swtichable between tube or silicon rectification (was in silicon rectification mode for the profiles as the higher plate voltage makes it warmer and at the same time focuses this amp i feel) 45w to 50w. The amp also has a switchable feedback loop from original jtm to higher or lower for a different compression and damping feel( i think the feedback was set low when profiled).

I really like this amp and think the kemper does it justice. Does killer cleans to jimi style classic rock without a pedal imo, even a little acdc at highest gain.

Hope that helps

Richie

Cheers
    Richie

• Richie, thanks for adding the DIS versions of the JTM recently. The sound great and each one is different enough to force me to keep them all onboard.

-Lonnie