Factory supplied Remote Cable and Elite Core PROCAT5E Cable

• My understanding was the factory supplied Remote cable was just a plain Jane ethernet cable. After reading some breakage threads, I ordered a 10 ft EliteCore ProCat5 off Amazon for $28. To my surprise, when I unboxed my Remote this morning, the factory cable is nearly identical to the EliteCore cable. Both have Neutrik XLR/Ethernet connectors on the Remote end and both have a metal cased ethernet connector on the Profiler end. About the only difference are the boots and the cable itself. Here's a few photos for

I only need the 10ft for my office / practice area so I'll just keep the original as a spare that I hope I never need. 8)

• As long as the cable is Cat5e compatible, you're fine. I just built my own from Belden 1305a and a Neutrik end. The Belden cable lays flat, much like an instrument or XLR cable. Drove me nuts setting up and having the original cable go wherever it felt like.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• from the Main Manual chapter Cabling:

The diameter of the wire is the critical factor. The cable delivered with the Remote meets American Wire Gauge 24 (AWG), which can support up to 7.5m (22ft) length. AWG 26 cables have a smaller diameter and can only support up to 5m (15ft). Cables with higher AWG e.g. AWG 28 should not be used with the Remote.