Kemper profiler effect loading

• I’m trying to simply load a stomp affect in a performance mode. The manual gets me to where I have selected the distortion pedal and A is flashing but how do you actually store the stomp? It doesn’t say. I hit store and get “A module” or “entire performance “. All I want is the stomp not to rename anything.

• If you want the stomp to be part of that slot every time you select it, choose "entire performance". I think it's three pushes of the store button to save that way. If you select "A module" you're saving that as a preset only.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Just wondering, if you add a stomp to a rig in a performance, say in X, and other rigs in the same performance already have something in X, will they be overwrote if you select "entire performance" when adding the new one? If so that would be pretty cool for say quickly adding the same reverb to all when one or more of the rigs have a different reverb than you want in that particular performance for everything.

• Each Slot includes a completely independent Rig. Independent from other Slots as well as independent from the mother Rig in the browse pool. It's also very easy and a matter of seconds to try this out by the way.

• I'm still a little confused by saving rig edits in performance mode. Every time I make an edit to say delay time,I exit out and push the save button 3 times. That seems to work but am not sure if that is the most efficient way. If I stay focused on the effect it will ask if I want just module or entire performance but if you say each is edited separately I don't understand what "entire performance" does. I presumed it would put that in every slot in the performance. So what is the difference between entire performance and module saves? And how would you save settings within a performance if say you just tweeked a delay setting in one off the slots?

• Hi, Dynochrome.

Key Ideas:

A Performance contains five slots.

Each slot can contain a Rig.

Each Rig can contain up to eight Effect Modules (and Amp and Cab settings and more)

When you edit a Performance and the hit Store three times, you are saving all the settings in the Performance (all five slots, with Rigs, and the up-to forty Effect Modules and all the other parameters for the Amp and Cab settings and more).

However, while you are in Performance mode,

• You can edit a Rig and Store just that individual Rig to the Browse pool. While viewing a Rig, press Store once and then tap the soft button "Export Rig to Pool." This does not Store the entire Performance, just the Rig, and only in the Browse Pool.
    • While you are Editing an Effect Module (Performance mode or Browse mode), you can edit and Store the settings for the current Effect Module as an Effect Preset. While viewing the Effect Module, press Store once, and then follow the prompts below the soft buttons.

In case you haven't seen them, here are a couple of videos about Performance Mode.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And you can find information about Effect Presets in the section on Effect Modules

Kemper Manuals and Quick Start guides

• Thanks. I'm pretty sure I get it now. One thing I'm wanting to learn is how to copy a rig from one slot to another performance using the head, not rig manager. Rig manager is easy but I don't want to get too spoiled with it as I may need to do some edits live and don't want to bring a laptop. (Although I have done that before with other systems). I'm guessing it would be copy/paste and not too tough if I get the selecting thing right.

• Can you do that with individual FX modules as well as say, the entire stomp bank at once? (press "stomps"/copy/paste)? How about cabinets?

I'm getting pretty good with rig manager but need to get a better grip on the head functions. I'm getting real close to really understanding the flow of this Amp but odd questions pop up here and there but like most gear like this it takes awhile before it all becomes natural.

• Hi Dynochrome,

Can you do that with individual FX modules as well as say, the entire stomp bank at once? (press "stomps"/copy/paste)? How about cabinets?

I'm getting pretty good with rig manager but need to get a better grip on the head functions. I'm getting real close to really understanding the flow of this Amp but odd questions pop up here and there but like most gear like this it takes awhile before it all becomes natural.

Yes, to both - just try it.