Kemper clicking noise when reverb and delay are on

• In this clip there's a loud clicking noise that only happens when delay and reverb are on. In the clip i play a couple of chords with delay and rev on then play i chords with del and rev off and the clicking goes away. the levels are not too hot it happens at any volume level also It happens in both spdif and analog out. Ive noticed this happens on any rig that has A B C stomps in a bypass mode It Almost sounds like a dsp buffer overload? because If i remove the bypassed stomps it goes away. Does anyone know if there is any way to fix this without having to wipe everything off my kemper yet again? Its been like this for me on every firmware so far but as i usually only use fx in my Daw and not the kemper it hasn't bothered me but now i want to use Kemper live so need it fixing http://soundcloud.com/chrisbea…r-clipping-when-delay-and Is anyone else experiencing this? Thanks for any help

• Which FW are you currently on, Chris?

I just tried to reproduce this, runinng FW 1.0.9 (7426) but everything's seems to be fine here.
    I put a Green Scream on A, B, C - and bypassed all three.
    Reverb and Delay on.
    A factory profile (Siggi Mehl) - but seems to be working without these crackles (using SP/Dif).

• Which FW are you currently on, Chris?

I just tried to reproduce this, runinng FW 1.0.9 (7426) but everything's seems to be fine here.
    I put a Green Scream on A, B, C - and bypassed all three.
    Reverb and Delay on.
    A factory profile (Siggi Mehl) - but seems to be working without these crackles (using SP/Dif).

Thanks for testing your end ;) . Im on FW 1.08

• Mine clicks/crackles with or without reverb/stomps on. It happens with both SPDIF and analog main out.. Sounds good with the headphones out of the front of the KPA. As of now, I cannot record anything until I get this fixed.

• Mine clicks/crackles with or without reverb/stomps on. It happens with both SPDIF and analog main out.. Sounds good with the headphones out of the front of the KPA. As of now, I cannot record anything until I get this fixed.

Are you sure about the analogue outs? Would please doublecheck and confirm? It doesn't happen with my analogue outs, at least.

Additionally, why wouldn't you record? They only seem to occur when you select a rig initially, do they go on continuesly to you?

• Are you sure about the analogue outs? Would please doublecheck and confirm? It doesn't happen with my analogue outs, at least.

Additionally, why wouldn't you record? They only seem to occur when you select a rig initially, do they go on continuesly to you?

Yes, mine has a continuous click/crackle on both the SPDIF and analogs. I would not mind if it only occurred after changing to a new rig. I will create a youtube video showing my setup and the recording of what I'm hearing. I will show my M-Audio card setting, ProTools settings, Kemper Settings, and how I have my connections so everyone can see. Maybe I'm doing something wrong (settings / connections). It does it on all of my guitars and different cables so I have eliminated them as the issue. The power in my house is pretty clean and I have had no issues with my Eleven Rack with similar setup (11R analog out to M-Audio In). I normally use my 11R with USB..

• Hmmm... that's really strange as I get no clicking on mine.

I'd tell you to try a reset of the KPA, but I believe you just did that a while ago and I'm not sure if that helps here.
    Might need to re-init the Flash memory of the KPA here, which support will tell you how to do.

(FWIW, I did a re-init of the Flash memory a couple of weeks ago, so I wonder if that's the reason for me not getting any clicking).

We have 3 different guys now with clicking sounds... please all of you contact support and let us know what they said.

• The only thing I haven't done is a flash memory reset. So I'm waiting for the weekend to do so.
    As I said, for me it's only spdif and only in the beggining when I change to a new profile. Since I am only home recording, it's not much of an issue to chase it up with the support guys, since others seem to have done so.

• I did the reset below and I still have crackling.

• Switch the main knob to off
    • Hold the left/top soft-key above the LCD
    • while still holding this key - switch KPA to tuner
    • Maintenance Module will be started
    • In the 'Maintenance' menu goto 'Memory'
    • Use Memory FormatFlash and InitFlash
    • Check if the KPA works (booting, tuner)
    • Check all the KPA settings

• To be mentioned again: Miles recommendation for flashing the memory is confusing and misleading. It might not cure a single sound problem.
    We read the forum. When you invite everybody with similar problems to "all of you" contact the support continuously you give me the choice of either tell my support team to ignore these messages or hire redundand support staff for answering similar messages :)

My question is: do these artefacts really happen over the analog outputs as well?

• Christoph are you saying do not contact support if you have a problem with your Kemper? I sent a message to support yesterday i thought thats what support was for. Do you know what the most likely reason is for this clicking issue and how to resolve it? Should i return my kemper under warranty and get another one? Yes it does happen via analog and spdif out here but only when there are many fx in bypassed state. If i remove the bypassed fx i have no clicks

• We read the forum. When you invite everybody with similar problems to "all of you" contact the support continuously you give me the choice of either tell my support team to ignore these messages or hire redundand support staff for answering similar messages

This confusion could have been avoided by you guys letting us know to NOT contact support in case of bugs/issues. Especially us beta testers who are always around the board and try to help people out...
    I believe it was one of your support guys in January or February, who told us right here on this forum, that, in order for a bug to get fixed, we STILL need to open a support ticket every time - so I took it as a general rule and have recommended people to contact you guys for every bug.
    If that support pattern has changed, and you guys actually give more weight to issues on this forum, then I'll adjust my behavior accordingly.