Midi Hint

• Hey Guys!

Just sitting around and trying to implement some midi into my live setup and questioning myself, is there any chance I can setup my midi board to switch more then just one stomp box on and off with one tap on the midi controller?

Means for example: Switching boost, reverb and delay on with one tap on the midi controller?

Would be great if this would be working and if so, if someone could explain how.

I want to Program my midi board with one row for switching the amps (4 switches acoustic, clean, crunch, lead) while using two other rows of 4 switches (total 8 switches) to setup a mix of stomp boxes on and off...

Would be great if some of you professionals could give me a answer if and how this might be workable with my little space lunchbox!

Thanks and Cheers!

Mao1406

• Hi Mao,

this is a matter of your MIDI Controller. No Problems adreesing various stomps with my Gordius Little Giant :)

Cheers
    Pit

• Thanks guys... Unfortunately my Voodoo Ground Control Pro can't send multiple Cc's... :cursing: Shit!

Any idea how I can make it happen still using the GCP? Does the Gordius Giant as the "brain version" works with the GCP as wished?

Any news when the official Kemper Board comes out... Maybe I should wait at least for this instead of spending another 400 bucks for gear that is worthless when the official thing comes out? ?(8|

Man, thats really annoying now learning this 450 € for the GCP are spent for nothing...

• Well, you can still use multiple rigs for that and label the GCP as you were just switching the Modules on/off :D

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Hey Guys!

Just sitting around and trying to implement some midi into my live setup and questioning myself, is there any chance I can setup my midi board to switch more then just one stomp box on and off with one tap on the midi controller?

Means for example: Switching boost, reverb and delay on with one tap on the midi controller?

The only way to do this with the GCP is to save the IA settings to a preset. You can have different presets set with various combinations of IA switches enabled/disabled. If you configure the GCP IA's for "XMIT W/Preset", the GCP will send all the IA CCs whenever the patch is switched.

Not what you're looking for, but since the GCP only sends a single MIDI CC per IA switch button, that's the only way you can do what you're looking for.

• Thanks guys... Unfortunately my Voodoo Ground Control Pro can't send multiple Cc's... :cursing: Shit!

Hi Mao1406,

I have the same problem of only one CC# per IA with my GCP. I use it together with a GCX in my traditional tube amp + pedals in rack setup and with the Kemper (works nicely), but combining both is not possible. This is a serious shortfall of the GCP. Maybe there is a little gizmo that could change CCs coming in into different/multiple CCs coming out.

Maybe there is a way the GCP can be modded to send multiple CCs (which is an industry standard nowadays). One would have to contact Voodoo labs for this question. I have already considered selling my GCP and buying something else (Rocktron midi Raider), but am not decided yet.

One thing that speaks against selling the GCP in my case is that I get almost all the effects I need from the Kemper. So I use the Kemper or my GCX + amp. I have a little Line6 iPhone App + a midi adapter which allows me to reprogram the GCP on the fly.

Would love to know which Controller you might consider buying and if you plan on asking Voodoo Lab for a mod? Maybe some third party is offering a mod for the Voodoo lab?

Cheers,

Dote

In my case (Kemper, GCP and GCX) if the Kemper would allow to assign different CC#s to the stomps, you could keep the IAs on the GCP+GCX and still have the Kemper switch the corresponding stomp. Say CC#87 is IA#1 of the GCX and could be assigned to switch stomp 1 on the kemper at the same time.