Performance Synchronization

• Hello, new Kemper owner here. I've had my PowerHead for a week and am loving it. The only thing I'm not loving is when I spend 15 minutes setting up a performance while connected to rig manager, go back to browser mode and lose the performance. I'm running OS 8.0.2.22186 and Rig Manager 3.0.145
    Anyone seeing this?

• Hello, new Kemper owner here. I've had my PowerHead for a week and am loving it. The only thing I'm not loving is when I spend 15 minutes setting up a performance while connected to rig manager, go back to browser mode and lose the performance. I'm running OS 8.0.2.22186 and Rig Manager 3.0.145
    Anyone seeing this?

I have an excellent 10th gen ASUS I7 computer 16GB Ram with super stable USB ports and I often get flakey results from RM. Usually when I open the performance window then open another folder with rigs in them in another window and drag them from one to the other. Often the "save to profiler performance #( ) " will be greyed out even though I made a change and sometimes when I make an edit, and even though the button lights up, and I save the performance, go somewhere else or into browse mode I will come back and the performance changed.

I noticed if I press save on the profiler itself when in RM, it hasn't messed up yet and when I really want to be sure I do it this way. In fact I do most of the time as I have not been able to really trust saves in RM. I'll save performances in RM, all looks well then when I take the unit into my amp room, it didn't save :cursing:. Sometimes I have to click around on rigs in performances to get it to sync/pay attention again.

Sometimes if I replace a rig in a performance (that I never changed the name of) the name will change but the old rig will pop up in it. Nothing short of clearing the entire performance has remedied that when it happens yet. Luckily for me I save my FX & stomp resets as banks so getting back to where I was usually isn't that big of a problem. I like RM a lot, I just don't trust it completely to save and I always double check the profiler itself after I unplug the USB to make sure everything stuck. There seems to be some sync communication errors or "falls asleep" sometimes.

I have read the RM manual well and I don't see anything I am doing incorrectly there.

I even will press save after every edit in a rig before switching to another rig staying in the same performance. I was under the impression as long as you stayed on the performance without leaving, you could save the whole performance at once but I don't take the chance as I have had strange things happen like I mentioned. Not a deal breaker but I think there is some room for improvement with the device communication. I know USB ports can act odd easily so I'm not guaranteeing it is RM, but my USB is rock solid on every other combo I use it in.

• you did not press the Save Performance button, did you?

Not on the KPA, yes in RM. I'm going to start doing this religiously. Even so, I feel like RM has some work to do. Some series of actions eventually will get me a performance that's messed up enough to fail to copy off the KPA into RM. If only I could nail down exactly what caused it. I've also had situations where I copy the performance out of the KPA to a local folder, after I've made some changes but am still in performance mode. To my despair I see a copy of the reverted performance later on :/

There seems to be some sync communication errors or "falls asleep" sometimes.

Thanks for the in depth response, and I agree. KPA and RM work well on their own, but there seems to be some race conditions when they're used together to work on the same files, which is a shame. I often like navigating the big menus and dragging rigs from RM directly into a performance on my KPA, then using the front panel to make tweaks since I don't like the RM gui editor as much as the physical knobs.

Time to wear out that store button.

• Time to wear out that store button.

Mine gets lots of use. Eventually I will figure out a way to use RM and understand the quirks, but when I want to be sure, I'll use RM to load and the unit to save. I love working in RM and would almost do it exclusively if I could. With my ol' line 6 I used to bring a laptop out to fine tweek & perfect volume levels between sets if needed so I'm used to using the PC for editing.