Cabs vs Imprint Select

• I have a Kemper power head and Kab and I also have a bunch of cab IRs. In rig manager in my presents in the local library I have a bunch of different cabs that I have paid for. And in the Output section if you have the Cabinet Off Enabled there is an imprint select option where I can choose from a bunch of cabs. What is going on here when you have the cabinet off enabled? Should I choose the imprint select to be as close to the cab IR I am choosing or should I have the imprint select off or what are people's knowledge, opinions / recommendations of this?

When I have the imprint select enabled (cabinet off enabled), when I choose new cab IRs I am hearing a clicking so I would assume that it's doing something, but maybe it's just in my head that the sound is changing. When cabinet off enabled are you using both or are you just going off the imprint select at that point?

Edited once, last by 4m4d3u5 ().

• I have the Kabinet and actually love the sound of the rig's cab playing through the Kabinet. I'm getting plenty of low-end. I tried using some of the imprints, which sound great, but the rig's profiled cab sounded best to me.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.