Profiler frozen. Profiler remote frozen. Also issue with input sensitivity

• so I was having an issue with I believe input sensitivity on the Kemper. I have coil tap pickups with a large decibel increase. 20db.. so The high gain rigs I was playing through have a metallic scratchy noise in the backround. Tried making all manner of adjustments to no avail. But while I was tweaking the kemper froze on me. Profiler remote froze and now no buttons work or do anything and the profiler remote is off and plugged in. Tried cycling it off and back on. What do I do;(

Edit: after cycling the kpa off and back on again I regained functionality. Also I wasnt entirely clear. I was referring to digital artifacts while playing in high gain profiles. I have since excluded everything but fret buz.. adjusted pickups. Going to try light top heavy bottom strings as well to see if that solves this issue for me.

Edited once, last by jcbleazy ().

• Sounds like maybe an overload relay shut it down automatically? I would make sure your output in not clipping. Make sure the Output LED is always green and not going to red.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Its definitely not clipping on the output. I sometimes see mild yellow on input. The noise I'm referring to sounds vastly different than clipping.

sorry for being all over the place but I'm dealing with multiple problems at once.. so I was also using spdif at 48k and the kemper now cannot stay synced when it is the clock source. I also read that a bad spdif connection can cause digital artifacts. So I swapped back to analog. The artifacts are still there.

All my equipment is running through power conditioners. Top of the line cables, all new with Neutrik tips, tried xlr also high quality. I also discovered that my kemper only freezes when rig manager is open. It then opens on to a chromatic detuning effect which was probably the last profile I browsed

I am honestly at a loss.. I'm going to try di recording and then reamping with kemper and check if the artifacts are still present

• Try an old version of the kemper firmware, you can do a downgrade without problem and try if the kemper works correctly, sometimes ago i had a similar problem with a beta release. good luck