Display tuner on Morningstar MC8

• hi guys,

I just got my profiler rack and so far I'm in love.

I opted for the morningstar mc8 for a controller for its small size apposed to the remote and I'm trying to set up my tuner to display. I believe new firmware on the mc8 allows this now.

I have both the midi in and out connected from the kemper to Mc8 and have managed to programe to display the tuner on the kemper screen but it doesn't send to my controller.

Are there any midi settings in the kemper I need to adjust?

Thanks

• Hi, dancole90.

Welcome to the community. Congratulations on getting your Profiler Rack.

I don't know the answer to your question but here's a link to the latest MIDI Parameter Documentation (Rev. 154)

There are a couple of references to the Tuner.

Here are some more important resources. I wish I had spent more time with them when I first got my Profiler. I hope you find value in them too.

? Kemper Manuals and Quick Start guides ?

? Rig Manager Download and Documentation ??

? Kemper Tutorials & Demos ?

? Before you buy Commercial Rigs and Profiles check out the Rig Manager for Rig Packs and Rig Exchange

Cheers,

ST

• I found it was an issue with one of my MIDI cables but am still having trouble.

When i click my tune preset the kemper always goes to the tuner but it's hit or miss whether the MC8 displays the tuner. Any ideas? Not very reliable for live use right now.

It seems to work the first time but after exiting I can't get it to come back up.

• I'd be interested to know how to do this as I don't seem to be able to figure out how to display the tuner on the MC8 either. I really want to be able to reflect the toggle status of each of the Stomps/Effects on the MC8 screen too when I select a preset but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the Kemper to output CC messages (or other MIDI) via the MIDI Out port to the MC8 MIDI In port. Bi-Directional MIDI seems to still be a bit of a mystery. It must be possible because the Uno4Kemper chip was able to do this on the FCB1010.