Recommendations for S/PDIF solution for tight spaces?

• Hello all. I have a Stage in a pedal board where the space behind the unit is at a premium. See photo below (click for larger).

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/Cx18YjQb.jpg]

I have a new interface on the way that will allow me to reamp via S/PDIF. Anyone have a cable or connector recommendation to run S/PDIF cable in this tight environment? I've read that standard 90 degree audio RCA adapters do not work for digital signals so my original thought is out.

• Hello,

i am using a simple audio chinch cable to connect my kemper stage with a Native Instruments komplete Audio 6 MK1 Interface per S/PDIF.

The cable is 3m long and it works Fine.

The Kemper is the Master (clock internal) and the mac is set to external clock.

I’ve tried the Kemper as Slave. It gets a snyc but no signal came in in the DAW.
    Also a 6 m cable tried, but get a lot signal loses.

• To answer my own question I found a company that custom makes cables. I ordered a pair of 75 ohm coax cables with one RCA and one right angle RCA that should work perfectly. More expensive than stock, but I've got a $1700 Kemper, right?

You could buy a 5-pack of those right-angle coax connectors for $5 at home depot I think. I used to put them on all my TV's before wifi streaming was a thing.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• You could buy a 5-pack of those right-angle coax connectors for $5 at home depot I think. I used to put them on all my TV's before wifi streaming was a thing.

I mentioned in the original question: "I've read that standard 90 degree audio RCA adapters do not work for digital signals so my original thought is out." If they actually do work I guess I spent some money I didn't need to spend.

• I mentioned in the original question: "I've read that standard 90 degree audio RCA adapters do not work for digital signals so my original thought is out." If they actually do work I guess I spent some money I didn't need to spend.

My bad. I think you need the "non-threaded" push in type connector for SPDIF on coax. I saw "coax" and remembered I put all those in my house for a fiber-optic cable system to TV connection.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.