Question on upgrading

• I've had a Kemper for 3 years and I love it! However I have recently wondered whether my current setup is optimising the sound of the Kemper, not that it sounds bad at all, but I always question what more could be done to ensure I'm getting the best sound.

My Kemper is plugged into a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 into an iMac with sound coming from a pair of Presonus Eris E5's monitors.

Simple question is whether upgrading my AI to something like a Universal Audio would achieve anything or if it's just a waste of money. My interface is 7yrs old and there are so many new iterations it makes me wonder whether there's any benefit to upgrading. My monitors sound great so not sure there's any point upgrading these.

Just interested in your thoughts on this?

Final point is I've seriously been considering buying a tube head and running through a Captor X. Again I'm not unhappy with my Kemper at all but really want to see what it's like to play through a tube amp again, even if it is through a digital load box.

Anyone got any thoughts on this to try and save me ££££'s and stick the Kemper??

• Upgrading is a waste of money, IMO, if you are going to use a new one the same way as the old one. But if you go the DI route, then get one with SPDIF and the upgrade will be worth it.

I would try the Kemper with a Kabinet before buying a tube amp. If that doesn't work for you then get a tube to try. Look at used tubes.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.