Couple Questions regarding saving rig issue and also Delay strangeness! (Newb needs help.. too lazy to read 1000 threads) :)

• Folks,

I'm sure that I could read a bunch of threads on this, but I figured that some wise Kemper elder would have the answer off the top of there head.

Here is question / scenario 1:

I'm at latest beta version on the KPA and rig manager (I believe that it updated just a couple of days ago).

I copied an older Friedman BE100 rig from one of Tim Owens famous friedman profiles. I'm running it with CABs off and through my 2X12 Friedman V30 real cab. I made a copy of the original profile. I then tweaked then used rig manager to change the delay and reverb.. for Delay i went with the Tape single preset and tweaked to taste. I'm not sure what I did for reverb.

Anyway, I made all of my changes and saved the profile over itself. I notice that the saved profile sounds odd to me.. so I turn the KPA off and shutdown Rig Manager. I reboot the KPA and then start Rig Manager. Now when I load up the copy of the Tim Owens BE profile (my copy) now the delay and reverb are back the original that I started with. What could be up with that?

Second Question:

I went ahead and started my tweaking session over.. pretty much doing the same as above. Finally get my Tape Delay to my liking.. then I swear that the sound of the delay started sounding kind of fake compared to what it started as. In scenario one I used the same delay and had a killer setting.. but i lost it... So back to this one. I removed the Grit from the delay.. i set the MS at about 460, feedback at 30ish.. and mix/volume at almost 50%. I removed Grit and also reduced flutter and jitter down to low values. The delay started sounding (this will sound stupid) but it sounded too wishy washy. But in a digital way. I also noticed this on some of MBrits profiles when I got the KPA a couple weeks ago.

With only using a tape delay and the legacy reverb is it possible that the Kemper is running out of memory???

By the way.. if any of you have a great delay and reverb preset made for killer 80's lead tones I'd appreciate you sharing the settings or giving me the preset.

Your help is much appreciated, Rshred1

• I find delays tricky. If playing Rock music at fairly quick tempos then the single and dual delays work best for me. Keep it simple. If I was playing more melodic instrumental music then you can use the other delays to add atmosphere and ambience.

That's pretty much how I set up my delays.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Thanks folks.... sorry I've been away from the computer for a few days.

I'm going to make a new thread to ask some delay questions.

Talk with you in that thread!!

Thanks, Rshred1

• you’re good! I’ve owned Kemper since last June and I’m too lazy to learn how to program it. I use my Stage purely as a sound module and control it from Rig Manager via my MacBook Pro. If my MacBook ever goes down, I’ll have to bypass the Kemper and play clean cause I have no idea how to program it except the two knobs...gain and volume. Lol...I’m having a great time playing it tho!