Just bought my used KPA rack and am having trouble getting sound?

• I bought it used and unfortunately I don't have a user manual. I'm able to hear through the headphone output but nothing through any of the outputs on the back. I have the main output connected to input 1 of my focusrite and the input and output lights are blinking on the kemper as well are the green halo on the focusrite indicating a signal. The only thing I hear through my monitors is a buzz.. I have the main output set to Master Mono. I don't really know what to do I've never used a Kemper and it didn't come with any instructions in my case. Can someone please help me confirm this thing didn't get damaged in shipment?

• Hey, JakeC1996,

What version of the operating system are you running?

• Press the System button.
    • Navigate to the last page and you can view the OS Version.

Let's simplify the signal chain while we're trying to diagnose things.

• Connect the Kemper Main Output(s) directly to the (powered) monitors
    • You mentioned you have the output set to Master Mono. That's good.

Do you hear anything?

As you read through the forum, you may run across instructions to do a system reset. Don't do that. At least, don't do that until you have done a backup - just in case there are some great profiles installed.

• Okay, so since the post I have run the outputs direct to my monitors instead of the interface and that works perfectly fine. I didn't change any settings and the focusrite is updated to the newest drivers so that's odd to me. It doesn't say anything next to the OS version but it says the release was 8.0.2.22186 and the build date was Nov 6th

• I have run the outputs direct to my monitors instead of the interface and that works perfectly fine.

Are you using the same cable was connected to your interface, resulting in a buzz, and a second cable?

If you are, the problem is not the cable. It is more likely an interface or DAW setting issue.

If you are not using the cable that resulted in a buzz, the problem may be that cable.

• Hi, JakeC1996.

Congratulations. This is all good news. You're only one minor version behind on the operating system (you have 8.02x and the latest is 8.06x).

If you install Rig Manager, it will automatically update your Profiler.

? Rig Manager Download and Documentation ??

And it also sounds like the Main Outputs are working. I'm sorry - I can't help with the Focusrite interface, but people more familiar with it may want to know if you are using XLR or 1/4 inch inputs.