Poweramp boost is nice, but how about a Poweramp reduce?

• My powered rack is too loud for stage volume through my Kabinet. I end up running my main volume knob about 3-5 ticks from mute.

FYI: Main output has a setting to cut 12db. That has come in handy since my sound man said my output was clipping his channel.

I wish there could be a setting to reduce my poweramp output by at least 20db. That way my volume knob would have more travel before I shatter windows.

Make sense?

Is there any other way to reduce the poweramp SPL (sound pressure level) going to my Kabinet?

• The default level of Power Amp Boost is +6 dB. From there you can either decrease towards 0 dB or increase up to +12 dB. If we would change the scale from -6dB to +6 dB that wouldn't make any practical difference.

• Just reduce monitor output volume.

• The default level of Power Amp Boost is +6 dB. From there you can either decrease towards 0 dB or increase up to +12 dB. If we would change the scale from -6dB to +6 dB that wouldn't make any practical difference.

Thank you Burkhard,

The Main output can be reduced by 12dB and it is very useful for my sound man for his mix and slider positions. I was hoping that we could have the same functionality for the monitor outs as we do for the Main Outs.

This would allow me to have the Master Volume knob, which I link to monitor out, have its sweet spot closer to the 12 o’clock position instead of a few clicks off mute.

I have already decreased the Power Amp Boost to 0 dB.

• The Main Out XLR outputs are very hot. That is the reason why the -12 dB PAD option had been added.

There is no such need for the internal power amp, which is fed by the signal of the MONITOR OUTPUT. You could either reduce the Power Amp Boost and/or reduce the Monitor Output Volume by -12 d B or even more.